Edirol PCM-M30 and iPad USB Camera Connection Kit problem

Artmuzz

• Members

I browsed the Internet and apparently the Edirol PCR-M30 works on an iPad through the Camera Connection Kit. I tried this but unfortunately I got the dreaded " Device not supported" message when I connected the two devices together via the Connection Kit. Anyway, I managed to see a fix where I have to select the USB driver to generic on my PCR-M30 and with that fix the PCR-M30 and iPad work perfectly through the Camera Connection Kit. I tried the fix and sure enough the dreaded message didn't appear but what did appear in it's place was the other dreaded message " Cannot Use Device - connected USB device requires too much power":mad:

Is there any way I can fix this or do I have to rely on a mains power supply for my PCR-M30 to actually work?

Please advise

Art

• Members

The USB Camera Kit is the only thing right now that people are using as a MIDI interface if correct, but I just saw this today which looks cool.

http://synth.me/music-gear/musikmesse-2011-yamaha-announces-i-mx1-midi-interface-ios

Yamaha introduces the i-MX1 MIDI interface for the iPad. the i-MX1 is a small black device the i-MX1 carries the needed electronics and two connectors for the included adapter cables which allow for the MIDI input and output. the unit is compatible with the the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. The i-MX1 is compliant with Core MIDI and is ready to go out of the box.

Archived