What gear does the band Hum use?

Joshtruction

• Members

Originally posted by zygoat

Now there's an awesome band that nobody talks about. I was wondering the same thing BTW.

I am sure at one point they were using some orange gear live. Not sure what though. I seen it on a youtube video. And yeah I gotta agree. Highly underated band right here.

• Members

They used to have some of the gear posted on their website that is now gone....

Matt plays a Black Gibson Les Paul Studio through an Orange amp (OR120 I believe)and a boss super feedbacker & distortion, mxr phase 100 , crybaby wah, boss digital delay, Dod bass flanger (little dipper)

Tim played a Fender Prodigy. He played through the Hiwatt He used an Ibanez (powerlead?) for distortion and a mxr phase 90.

• Members

Originally posted by bc

i posted the same thread about a month ago. hum's sound was huge! i am trying to get a similar huge sound on a $1400 max budget.

They're sound was so huge because of the whole band. The guitars were huge, the bass player had a huge tone and the drummer hit hard. They're one of the best bands that I've ever seen live.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

i just found this thread and thought I would chime in.

matt never used mesa's (trust me), although he did use red bear for a short time, and didn't like the sound.

in the studio and live he used the aformentioned orange and an Ampeg V4, which he has had before electra 2000. the digital delay that he used was a PDS 1000 (the blue dual pedal thing if i remember correctly).

when they played their reunion show in oct of 05 (or was it 06??) they used the the same stuff basically, but tim lash used a les paul, and one of those LTD guitars like stephan carpenter uses, and a sansamp for distortion.

i hope this helps, if anyone cares.........

• 10 years later...

Archived