BEST KEYBOARD FOR AUTO ACCOMPANIMENT FOR BACKING TRACKS

• Members

Right now I'm using a Korg microSAMPLER to play backing tracks. I chopped up my songs in Ableton, then used the software which the MS-1 came with to set up the tempo, load in the samples and use a MIDI file to playback everything perfectly in order. It works flawlessly. Since the microSAMPLER also sends MIDI out, I have a synthesizer's tempo synced to it with a split patch set up. I use the microSAMPLER's keys to play the upper tone, then I play the lower tone on the actual synth. Since the synth is sharing the same tempo as the microSAMPLER, this also means arps and tempo synced LFOs are perfectly on beat with the backing track. So overall, the microSAMPLER solved the headache of needing to bring a drum machine, sequencer or laptop on stage, plus it gives me an extra set of keys to play on.

• Members

The MPC samplers are pretty good too. I went to a show two nights ago and this band called "Fake Drugs" had a singer operating just two MPCs with a live drummer. It was pretty funny watching him trigger entire verse and chorus sections with simple button presses. Not sure how the drummer kept in sync since he had no click track. Must have practiced their asses off.

• Members

Nobody seems to answer the questions i ask here, they just seem to state what they are doing as regards backing music.

Here I go again.

IS THERE MUCH DIFFERENCE IN THE PSR S910 AND THE TYROS 3, I AM LOOKING THE IRISH PIPE SOUNDS THAT ARE PLAYED IN YOU TUBE AD FOR TYROS 3 BY YAMAHA POSTER.

And again i am not a keyboard player but can play chords etc to program the auto accompaniment for backing tracks which will then be transferred to ipod. Mostly Irish ballads.

• Members

Well, it's a bit confusing because you're stating that you want a keyboard with a specific sound which you don't want to actually play, but program to be recorded and used on a backing iPod track. Honestly, doesn't seem like you even need a keyboard for this, just some samples to load in and sequence out in a DAW.

• Members

That is correct, I just find it easier to make tracks using auto accompaniment on a keyboard by playing chords on it which i am capable of doing rather that using software on a computer to make them ,

I have made some tracks with a cheap yamaha keyboard using accompaniment by playing chords either one finger chords or 3 fingered chords and they r just alright so I am looking to move up mark.

I had plugged the keyboard into an audio interface and them downloaded as mp3 in garage band on my mac.

I am able to play basic songs on the keyboard as well as i played the Piano key accordion for 8 years from aged 8 to 16

I play guitar , banjo , Mandolin , accordion and whistles and flute and I used to play the Irish Pipes which are known as the Uilleann pipes, I also play Bodhran which is Irish drum, so I am musically talented but don't read music as i Play by ear.

If this helps, maybe I can get the best advice for making my tracks as I got most of them made in a recording studio at a very expensive price

I think if I can get a good arranger that will play loads of instruments at the one time for my Irish ballads by pressing chords on the keyboard and realistic soungs it would save me money

• Members

Nobody seems to answer the questions i ask here, they just seem to state what they are doing as regards backing music.

Here I go again.

IS THERE MUCH DIFFERENCE IN THE PSR S910 AND THE TYROS 3, I AM LOOKING THE IRISH PIPE SOUNDS THAT ARE PLAYED IN YOU TUBE AD FOR TYROS 3 BY YAMAHA POSTER.

And again i am not a keyboard player but can play chords etc to program the auto accompaniment for backing tracks which will then be transferred to ipod. Mostly Irish ballads.

I've answered each question you've asked.

The PSR S910 is a real bargain (compared to Tyros). It's not a Tyros. It doesn't have the same quality sound set. But it's an excellent quality XG sound set. For what you want to do - it will be great. It's a baby Tyros.

It comes with fewer styles on-board. But it has everything you need. Like someone else recommended, I recommend Band In A Box & a mid-to-high range Yamaha PSR.

You sequence the songs. Play them back & record them as MP3's for your iPod accompaniment.

• Members

At this point, I would say that you need to start doing your own homework and figure out how to create MP3 files from wav files. And no, you would not be missing anything by going with a Tyros 3. You have a considerable learning curve ahead but don't let that stop you. Good luck.

• Members

At this point, I would say that you need to start doing your own homework and figure out how to create MP3 files from wav files. And no, you would not be missing anything by going with a Tyros 3. You have a considerable learning curve ahead but don't let that stop you. Good luck.

I have converted different formats down through the years to MP3 with downloaded software on my PC.

I have been offered a used Tyros 3 with speakers here in the UK for

Archived