bcems2

• Members

Hi guys im thinking of buying a new tube amp. I've never had a tube amp before. Im thinking of either buying a B52 AT112 or a Peavey Valveking112 but I dont know which one would be best for me. I play Christian Rock like Delerious, Sonicflood, Jeremy Camp, etc. I also play worship music in spanish. If you could please help me decide to which amp I should buy, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

• Members

Hi guys im thinking of buying a new tube amp. I've never had a tube amp before. Im thinking of either buying a B52 AT112 or a Peavey Valveking112 but I dont know which one would be best for me. I play Christian Rock like Delerious, Sonicflood, Jeremy Camp, etc. I also play worship music in spanish. If you could please help me decide to which amp I should buy, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

b-52...playing that kind of stuff requires versatility and the B52 is definitly versatile...

• Members
b-52...playing that kind of stuff requires versatility and the B52 is definitly versatile...

It doesn't have the versatility of the 3-channel Ultra Plus, IMO. The distortion channels sound close to the same on the B52 to my ears, though a little different. I'd get a cheap Ultra Plus (I own one right now). I like it better than the B52, but the B52 isn't bad, either, IMO. Maybe the best deal you could get on either one would be the way to go. Good luck. :cool:

• Members
It doesn't have the versatility of the 3-channel Ultra Plus, IMO. The distortion channels sound close to the same on the B52 to my ears, though a little different. I'd get a cheap Ultra Plus (I own one right now). I like it better than the B52, but the B52 isn't bad, either, IMO. Maybe the best deal you could get on either one would be the way to go. Good luck.
:cool:

+1 The Ultra Plus amps are definetely "sleeper" amps....GREAT amp for the money.

Archived