Washburn has surpassed Gibson in quality..

guidedbyechoes

• Members

I'll take the Les Paul anyday of the week. What the LP doesn't have in upper fret access, it more than makes up for it with TONE.

The guy seems really concerned about upper fret access with LP's. He should've compares his Washburn Idol against a Gibson Flying V or even the SG. :idea:

• Members

There were a bunch of Washburn custom shop guitars on ebay last year, they had prices like $300 and no one was buying them.

:o

Judging by some of the preconceived opinions that I have read in this thread,I can see why.I have owned four Gibson guitars [ES335,Blueshawk and two Les Pauls] and currently have zero.I currently own four USA Washburn guitars [CT-3,WMS Studio,MG-120 and WI70 Idol] and have no plans to part with any of them.While Gibson's Custom Shop stuff is top notch [and expensive],I find the quality control of their production line axes to be spotty and inconsistant.I find the quality of all of my Washburns to be on par with my USA Hamers [studio Archtop and P-90 Special].

Ed

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I have owned four Gibsons. I still own ONE, plus an Epi Elitist. I have owned three Washburns, still own all three. My three Washburns combined cost me about what a Les Paul Studio would have, and I like them better (2 are USA models, one an import)

Still diggin that WM3 you turned me onto Amigo - best Strat I've ever played.

Three Washburn USA and one import here. Washburn USA is truly hard to beat at any price IMO.

• Members

I think the Washburns are better quality as well and look better too. The idols are really nice as long as you get one without that {censored}tly looking cross thingy on one. However if I was buying one I would not buy one from Eric McKenna. He was an ass to me in an email I sent one time, so I wouldn't buy {censored} from him. Plus he stood up for Chad Dyer on his site during the 357 scam.

• Members

According to this guy

In American at whatever guitar store, the gibsons i have seen have been missing knobs, had cracks in the body, crooked frets and whateve ryou can think of.

When I was in Japan, all the gibsons there looked amazing. pieces of perfection.

• Members

Still diggin that WM3 you turned me onto Amigo - best Strat I've ever played.

Three Washburn USA and one import here. Washburn USA is truly hard to beat at any price IMO.

Yeah, the WM3 is an amazing guitar for the money. Here's my other USA one, a WM200 - basically the same guitar as the WM3, but this one has had its pickguard swapped out for one with Seymour Duncan Stack P-90s.

wm200.jpg

• Members

However if I was buying one I would not buy one from Eric McKenna. He was an ass to me in an email I sent one time, so I wouldn't buy {censored} from him. Plus he stood up for Chad Dyer on his site during the 357 scam.

The Washburn guitars he sells are just flat-out fugly and way overpriced...and I've really got nothing against Washburn guitars. My WM3 (bdegrande owns it now) was a really good guitar, and I got it for $499 at a MF blowout.

I'd love to try out and possibly own a WI68, but I'd never buy one new and I'd never buy one from him. $2500 is a lot of money for a Washburn, and the resale value is crap...there was a recent WI68 on eBay that went begging at $900. I came close to buying it, but I'll wait until I can get one for around $700.

• Members

What kills me is the way everyone kisses his ass on that board.

and lets see he has washburn slap some Yellow paint on a leftover Scott Ian thats selling for around 800 everywhere and all of a sudden its worth twice the amount

The Rip off

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-WASHBURN-USA-YELLOW-SCOTT-IAN-ANTHRAX-CUSTOM-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ180085446578QQihZ008QQcategoryZ33048QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

the original

http://cgi.ebay.com/Washburn-USA-Custom-Shop-Scott-Ian-Pro-SI70-SI-70_W0QQitemZ280082987042QQihZ018QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Members

just to give yall an idea what transpired, he lured us off of ebay (breaks ebay rules) and then A. charged a ton B. does not know the difference between paypal and credit card C. would not accept something like COD which is absurd because it is a certified check.

And to top it off our transaction ended with him yelling racial slurs at us.

That redneck can drop dead any day.

• Members

Yeah, the WM3 is an amazing guitar for the money. Here's my other USA one, a WM200 - basically the same guitar as the WM3, but this one has had its pickguard swapped out for one with Seymour Duncan Stack P-90s.

wm200.jpg

Man I can only imagine how great that baby sounds with the one piece swamp ash body!!! Niiice:thu:

• 13 years later...
  • Members

I got me a Washburn junior grt  And to me it has a deep tone like a Gibson know I got a KC 70 nothing sweet in fact almost on the Kusic if you put it in between pick ups and set the tone right where is the time like a Strat sweet potatoes I’m glad I got them they have the badge on them they made in America badge Chicago I guess anybody could do that but who cares like the guy earlier said would especially Goodwood strings and pick ups go for a better Elvis and those guys would like to have one of them 

• Members

For a better Elvis bot the mandarin trees make noise when the wind whistles through the Washburn fence. Since this is all speculation the wolves should be given Gibson guitar amps to ease the hunger and lead the way to a brand new KFC.

11 hours ago, hykcs@hotmail.com said:

I got me a Washburn junior grt  And to me it has a deep tone like a Gibson know I got a KC 70 nothing sweet in fact almost on the Kusic if you put it in between pick ups and set the tone right where is the time like a Strat sweet potatoes I’m glad I got them they have the badge on them they made in America badge Chicago I guess anybody could do that but who cares like the guy earlier said would especially Goodwood strings and pick ups go for a better Elvis and those guys would like to have one of them 

Archived