Plexi Palace/Mojave Amps (my story)

psaulino

• Members

I hate crooked assholes. I'm lucky to have access to some great techs here in Jersey.

Hey man, where and who are these great techs you speak of? I have a few amps I need work done on and I flat out don't trust the guy I used in the past. He seems to just blow it out the doos w/o listening to anything you asked for.

PM me if you don't want to publiclly post their names. Thanks.

• Members

yeah i remember that whole deal with vic partner joining the forum and attacking you.victor mason has allways been nice to me but i wouldnt buy an amp from him after the problems you have had with him..

You have a metro-kit, right? How is that sounding? I've thought about those for a while now.

• Members

FWIW, people are emailing me their stories, post them here if you don't mind..

Mine is not really a long story or similar to Gregs because I never did buy an amp from them, & here's why.

I was interested in checking out the Peacemaker early on & called & talked to Victor & one of his partners, don't remember his name.

Anyway, I made the mistake of giving them my phone # when they asked for it. Holy {censored}, why did I do that :freak:

They kept leaving messages pleading for me to take a chance & buy one to try it out.

I finally replied & told them I was not completely sold yet.

Another reason was because of what I saw in the review of Gregs about the filtering issue & the {censored} thread afterward, turned me off even more.

The final replies I got from them turned into name calling & amp bashing when they asked what else I was considering.

{censored} Them :wave:

• Members

Man, it's the same stuff over and over with these guys.. check out my post on TGP, cokemachine's repsonse on page 4 (it is, per EVHTONE, a doozy):

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=210321&page=4

Paul

Mine is not really a long story or similar to Gregs because I never did buy an amp from them, & here's why.

I was interested in checking out the Peacemaker early on & called & talked to Victor & one of his partners, don't remember his name.

Anyway, I made the mistake of giving them my phone # when they asked for it. Holy {censored}, why did I do that
:freak:
They kept leaving messages pleading for me to take a chance & buy one to try it out.

I finally replied & told them I was not completely sold yet.

Another reason was because of what I saw in the review of Gregs about the filtering issue & the {censored} thread afterward, turned me off even more.

The final replies I got from them turned into name calling & amp bashing when they asked what else I was considering.

{censored} Them
:wave:

• Members

Man, it's the same stuff over and over with these guys.. check out my post on TGP, cokemachine's repsonse on page 4 (it is, per EVHTONE, a doozy):

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=210321&page=4

Paul

Yeah, I remember when Cokemachine sent me that story. I laughed so hard at the "staph infection" comment I could hardly contain myself.

:D

• Members

My Plexi Palace story:

3 years ago I brought a very sick '70 Super Trem in to Plexi Palace for a repair. I was repairing it so I could get rid of it. Craig and Victor got it sounding so good I sold other amps instead. I still have it. While I was there I played a Peacemaker for the first time. I ended up buying it and still have and love that amp.

My store was a dealer for Mojave for 3 years. I never had ANY problems with Vics customer service and he always got me products in a timely manner. I no longer am a Mojave dealer, but not for any reason other than I just didn't sell enough of them to justify the money I had wrapped up in them. I still love the Mojave products to this day and have had 50-75 conversations with Vic or Craig at Mojave and have never had any experience even resembling all this negative stuff.

I'm not calling anyone a liar, just relating how weird it is to read this stuff about Vic when I have alot of experience with them and have never had any sort of negative situation arise.

• Members

Yeah, I remember when Cokemachine sent me that story. I laughed so hard at the "staph infection" comment I could hardly contain myself.

:D

If I didn't personally know Kevin (Cokemachine), and know what a stand-up guy he is, I'd have had trouble believing his story. As it was when he told me, I was sitting there with my eyes and mouth wide open, and kept saying "You're kidding, right? Really?"

I'm pretty sure he was kidding about the urinal cake though. :)

• 14 years later...
  • Members

I met Victor around 2004, when he let me try several Mojaves before I settled on the Sidewinder. He would not budge on the list price and got REALLY uptight when I asked for a "professional discount". Despite his arrogant attitude, I liked the amp, paid on the spot, and got the hell out of there. Two weeks later I saw the same amp on his website for $300 less. No wonder he is out of business! Good luck selling sand, Vic! Is your son still tending bar at the Victorville Holiday Inn?

Don Butler is my go to guy for anything amp related. He lives just a few miles away and we have been good friends since the 80's. His rates are reasonable, and he won't BS you or give attitude.

Ken Luker in Eugene Oregon is another builder with his own production line, immaculate builds with incredible sound. First amp I bought from him was his "Tiger" clone of a '65 Fender Deluxe. My Deluxe was stolen in the 70's, now I have it back! He has also built 4 other custom amps for me, to my specs, from scratch. I could not be happier with his work. Ken is also a great guitar player and super nice guy.

Music surely is an interesting business...

Archived