RIP Steve Jobs

• Members

This is sad news indeed... Steve Jobs has died. Rest in peace, Mister Jobs.

Quoting the AP news service:

Apple Inc. said the company's co-founder Steve Jobs died Wednesday. He was 56. "We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today," the company said in a brief statement.

"Steve's brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve.

• Members

Can you imagine having 8 Billion dollars and dying in your 50's? What a waste.

Just goes to prove: money isn't everything.

Money may be the husk of many things, but not the kernel.

It brings you food, but not appetite;

medicine, but not health;

acquaintances, but not friends;

servants, but not faithfulness;

days of joy, but not peace and happiness.

--Henrik Ibsen

• Members

He may not have originated everything (example: mouse-based GUI was actually invented by Xerox, not Apple) but he changed computing forever for a lot of people, even the PC users. MS Windows evolved because of of competition from the Mac.

• Members

devastating news for us silicon valley folks, i heard about it this afternoon in osaka.

last week i walked by steve jobs' house in Old Palo Alto and snapped a photo of the apple trees in his yard. there's a bunch of ultrawealthy people who live in what's really a somewhat unassuming neighborhood near stanford.

6216457279_c97284587f_z.jpg

• Members

he took failed projects that other people tried to do and made them work. injected minimalism and sophistication into neckbearded nerdy engineering. a real pioneer.

i believe there are a handful of people out there with the same sensitivity. one of them being johnny ive

RIP, maestro

Archived