Frenzel Twin Plexi

russ_guitarboy

• Members

I decided last night that I'm ordering this beast and I sure hope it lives up to my expectations of awesome cleans and ballsy crunch! I'm ordering a 50 watt version in a cabinet with a pair of EL34s installed but I'm getting Jim to send a set of 6L6s so I can get a more fenderish power section if I want. I'm a little nervous but excited. Now I have to wait 6-8 Weeks!

• Members

I know it's ugly as sin.

Ugh... you can say that again!!! :freak:

But seriously, charging extra for a headshell? Does he think that *none* of his customers will ever gig with the thing? Like You're supposed to throw that in your car? Still, I'd definitey check it out if I saw one.

• Members

If you want to buy them for me I'd be glad to have both. :) I would want a vintage Plexi though and not the reissue crap. Besides I like the effects loop and I need a master volume. Sure I'd love to use an attenuator instead but that's even more cash. Let's just say it's outta reach. It would be cool though.

As for paying extra for the cab I think it's dumb too. I thought about ordering it without and building my own, but I think I want to try it out first. If I don't like it I don't want to have to try and sell it without a cab. I'm sure it would take me a while to build it too and the amp might get damaged before it was finished. If I do like it I will build my own cab and totally rearrange the front panel and add a reverb. I would like two rows of nicely spaced chicken head knobs with toggle switches instead of the closely packed knobs and huge rotary dials.

It's certainly not without shortcomings but for me it's all about a wide tonal range (especailly when you consider you can use any tubes without rebiasing) and point to point wiring for a cheaper than botique price.

By the way any speaker suggestions for a compromise between Celestion midrange grind and Jensen warmth and clarity?

• 4 months later...
  • 13 years later...
  • Members

Clips? Yeah, same stuff new day..I'm going to.... Next week I 2ill get... Must be too much work to help out a fellow player make an informed choice. It's actually much better to listen to the biased be people without any 1st hand knowledge speculate on the sound based on physical appearance. Sound familiar?

Archived