Fender Super 210 - Opinions please

Chippsta

• Members

I've found one in decent cosmetic shape at a used place for about $300. This seems like a great price for a Fender 2X10 tube amp. Yes, it is one of the infamous 'red-knob' fenders ... but what's really the problem with these amps? It sounded great at "music store" volume.

• Members

The HC reviews on this amp are generally positive: http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Fender/Super+210/10/2

I know a lot of people have made a big deal about the red-knob Fenders not being as good as the BF/SF versions. I don't know how that model compares to its pre-CBS counterparts.

Bottom line, a 60 watt, all-tube, 2x10 amp that you like the sound of for $300 sounds like a good deal to me.

• Members

I've found one in decent cosmetic shape at a used place for about $300. This seems like a great price for a Fender 2X10 tube amp. Yes, it is one of the infamous 'red-knob' fenders ... but what's really the problem with these amps? It sounded great at "music store" volume.

That is a good amp for very good price. The cleans are great sounding which you'd expect from a Fender, the distortion channel is not that great which you'd also expect from a Fender (note for the Fender apologists, I am speaking of Fender generally, I know that some of the newer Fenders have decent dirty channels)

Buy it, get a nice OD pedal and play the heck out of it.

Archived