Sign in to follow this  
deanmass

Finding gear with google on Craigslist...

So i use this little thing all the time, and each time I tell a friend, they did not know you can do it, so I thought I would post it here.

Go to google. Type in the specifics on what you want say

Roland Handsonic

then add the domain you want to search

Roland Handsonic site:craigslist.org

Then add the area you want;

Roland Handsonic site:craigslist.org Michigan

i know this seems a bit newbish, but a ton of my fellow gear heads are now using it and finding many more little doo dads they want. Apologies to google power users...I just thought it was neat and simple enough to share.

Thanks for the tip Dean, Ill make sure to try it.

Ive always used "all craigs list .com or whatever the site is that lets you search the entire site.

i sometimes do this but more often use crazedlist. my beat-up but sonically stunning 1979 minimoog was bought on the cheap after doing a site: google search.

i've said this more than once, i think advanced search syntax should be taught in elementary school, the amount of people who don't even know how to use a wildcard is downright depressing in this day and age.

I never mess with Craigslist sites more than 100 miles away. Whenever I'm selling something and someone from out of state wants me to ship it, I just tell them to fuck off.

Okay...so I just delete their email. It's so annoying though. Craigslist transactions were always meant to be local.

I never mess with Craigslist sites more than 100 miles away. Whenever I'm selling something and someone from out of state wants me to ship it, I just tell them to fuck off.

Okay...so I just delete their email. It's so annoying though. Craigslist transactions were always meant to be local.

It's not just about transactions. I used google before to search craigslist sites outside of my area in order to get the pricing information of a particular item. In my opinion, the prices on the CL are more realistic the Ebay's "buy now" numbers...

I just bought a Roland Handsonic HPD-15 from a in Boise, ID called Jay's Pawn shop. Found the listing, called him up, talked to him twice, he emailed me a receipt, I sent him a check, he shipped it, I have it..turned out great...

I think like anything, it is all conditional (pun intended :).

And to the poster who commented on wildcards, DITTO!, but, I DO know a teacher doing it in middle school...She spend a week on wildcards, conditional searches, etc.

On 12/18/2011 at 5:20 PM, deanmass said:

I just bought a Roland Handsonic HPD-15 from a in Boise, ID called Jay's Pawn shop. Found the listing, called him up, talked to him twice, he emailed me a receipt, I sent him a check, he shipped it, I have it..turned out great...

I think like anything, it is all conditional (pun intended :).

And to the poster who commented on wildcards, DITTO!, but, I DO know a teacher doing it in middle school...She spend a week on wildcards, conditional searches, etc.

Here's something crazy. That was my hand Sonic I lost in pawn at Jay's in Boise that year. I'd just become a professional gemstone artist and needed money to travel to Chicago to work with another artist. I pawned all my instruments thinking that I would pay the interest by mail. And didn't. I was just searching around for a used when I'm lying when I came across this post LOL

August