CASIO, the beginning of a NEW ERA

afr

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Paolo Di Nicolantonio

View Post

My first synth was a CZ-1000 that I bought used in 1987 so for me Casio will always be special!

Now I feel better admitting this . . . . when I got back into gigging 10 years ago, I had no portable boards.

Being a piano-oriented guy, I got myself what I thought was the best stage DP available - a Yamaha P200.

Since we didn't need too much else the P200 couldn't handle, redface.gif I gigged for almost a year with a Casio that I picked up at the Englishtown flea market for $15facepalm.gif.

It had sampling capability but no user memory. Don't recall the model. Wasn't much, but it enabled me to put a decent flute line on "Can't You See" while I saved up for my QS7.1 . . .

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by piano39

View Post

No substantial leaks on this yet? I'm beginning to lose my faith in the interweb.

We didn't know about the Kronos until it was announced at NAMM. Of course I wouldn't expect Casio to be as tight-lipped, but time will tell.

idn_smilie.gif

• Members

From KC:

"Not sure if this was leaked early, but I just saw the Feb '12 softcopy of Keyboard, which lists the Casio XW-P1 on the New Gear page. Describes it as a "lead and groove oriented hybrid synth." I guess this is the game changer. Shows it at $699."

• Members

I guess that's the confirmation!

EDIT: I saw the picture and it looks nice. A little bit like the Jupiter-80 (which was my prediction back when this thread started). smile.gif

The Casio won't be as exciting as the Jupiter, but at $699 list, I'm interested!

• Members

I was, still am, hoping for cheap 1000$ Casio, instead of cheap $699 Casio. The earlier pic, that Bernard(if I remember) posted looked like it could at least have MZ-2000-ish "draw bars", which hinted into organ modellings general direction and Casio has used draw bars as synth knobs as well.

And XW-P1 sounds like they don't want to sell many copies.

• Members

Lots of chatter about the name of this new synth. It will grow on you.

Maybe the XW means something about the synth architecture, like cross wave, and has lots of mod routings between oscillators.

Or better yet, maybe the "XW" stands for "Ex-Wife", which I probably will have if I buy another set of keys.

Or, Maybe someone read the photo upside down, and what we are really talking about is the new Casio 1b-MX

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mate_stubb

View Post

From KC:

"Not sure if this was leaked early, but I just saw the Feb '12 softcopy of Keyboard, which lists the Casio XW-P1 on the New Gear page. Describes it as a "lead and groove oriented hybrid synth." I guess this is the game changer. Shows it at $699."

hhmmm... if it's like.. an arranger for electro-based genres.. . that would be pretty cool actually... never really been done before....

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by piano39

View Post

Or better yet, maybe the "XW" stands for "Ex-Wife", which I probably will have if I buy another set of keys.

Two ex-wives for the price of one. Brilliant!

Anyway, I can't find the pic. Who or what is "KC"?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Stabby

View Post

Two ex-wives for the price of one. Brilliant!

Anyway, I can't find the pic. Who or what is "KC"?

"Keyboard Corner" of the "Keyboard Magazine Forum".

BTW, this Casio is kept as such a secret that the forum message there was changed by moderator from...

--- Not sure if this was leaked early, but I just saw the Feb '12 softcopy of Keyboard, which lists the Casio XW-P1 on the New Gear page. Describes it as a "lead and groove oriented hybrid synth." ---

...into:

--- Not sure if this was leaked early, but I just saw the Feb '12 softcopy of Keyboard, which (moderator edit) describes something new and cool from Casio. (end moderator edit) ---

Archived