CASIO, the beginning of a NEW ERA

afr

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by zzzxtreme View Post
bernard !!!! I see a casio synth ! i sure hope they return to making pro gears , cz era
That is a pic of the trade invite, so looking good for a pro synth me thinks...

Proud owner of a fully functional Casio calculator that is 32 years old !

Switch, keys, LCD screen all perfect.

Casio should do a MiniAk replacement screen !

• Members

Pic looks a little Venom-ish...

Fingers crossed, it's a CZ-something. I still use a very pristine-looking 1000 as my "secret weapon" in sound effects design. I love the thing, but it's *so* tedious to program!

Don't understand the Casio snark. CZs still have a fresh and relevant sound.

• Members

dammit missed the picture. But if its silver/grey/white with orange, there's one on YouTube and it does look a bit Venom-ish. Also reminds me of a Casiotone 7000 (I think that's the one) or a big HT so this is a good thing to me if Casio's getting back to more pro gear.

I also like the idea of them making stuff in white or at least light colors other than fake silver - the old white Casios from the early 80's were so pretty. Always wanted one, though all my Casios have been black.

Look at ppl getting all excited about Casio. smile.gif If this is a real synth I want it to get at least as many posts as GAIA or Venom.

• Members

dang missed that picture also, re casio...the cz101, cz1000 etc were great sounding synths so casio know how to make a good synth engine, i also had a fz1 and a vz1 back in the late 80's-early 90's...in fact my VERY first keyboards were a VL tone and a mt40 !

go casio!...hope they do a retro analogue synth with loats of knobs and sliders!

originalslika-302416.jpg

DX3N2996-CasioFZ1full.jpg

Casio_MT-40.jpeg

403034703_ffa5ff8adf.jpg

• Members

For those that didn't see the picture it has 4 assignable knobs, lot's of somewhat retro styled square buttons and panel design that shifts toward their CZ/HZ/HT series from 80's in silver as a main color and orange applications. It is not clearly discernable does it has a screen or not, but to my eyes, looks like the screen was photoshopped out, not to give out too much.

I saved the picture wink.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by poserp View Post
What would that be in the first video. The video is private, but the thumbnail looks intriguing...

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=vi...&aqi=&aql=&oq=

Sounds like what people are talking about here, doesn't seem to match any current products.
The video is basically the thumbnail. Srsly, it doesnt move or anything and its low-rez

• Members

That is a nice watch! I liked the old Baby-G's though I never had one (was a Seiko Spoon fan). Casio used to make a DJ line - iirc the men's G_Shock had a tap tempo bpm counter but the Baby-G played music. Cuz only guys spin records or something. Besides that, I remember there were Bis and Pizzicato Five versions of the musical Baby G's.

Archived