Whats the best recorded amp tone you have ever heard and how was it created?

AMSnell

• Members
Modded JCM800 which Slash got from some music store, and it happened to be one that George Lynch used.

For me, Led Zeppelin I with Jimmy's Supro Super 24

Wasnt an 800, it was a moddedl Plexi super-trem, the tremlo tube was added as an extra gain stage :)

A JCM800 was used for the cleans.

:thu:

• Members

N*Flaymz - The Jester Race

It was created by wacking a bee hive with a guitar tuned to B, and recording the various reactions of the bees with Fredrik Nordstrom's patented innovation of using two mics to record one source at the same time.

But then, the queen bee, ate Fredrik Nordstrom's head, took over his body, and made Reroute To Remain!!! Which also, sounds like bees, go figure.

• Members
It's actually known as a co-incident pair technique, and Nordstrom didn't invent it - its been around for about 80 years.

Al

Dude... You looked way to far into what I was saying....

I was trolling with the troll post that I quoted..... Hence teh gehy smiley :wave:

• Members

Clean my wounds by Corrosion of Conformity

Probably the most laid back and yet mean sounding guitar tone I've ever heard. It's what I use as a frame of reference when I'm checking out amps. If it'll nail that sound I'm usually pretty pumped.

Pepper used an Esp Viper with a Tom Anderson H3 in the bridge into a Mesa Boogie .50 caliber + and Woody used an Esp Viper with an Invader in the bridge into a Mesa Dual Recto.

Couldn't agree with you more. I friggin dig that song. It's right between that feeling of wanting to a) bang your head, or b) drive around in a 82 Cadillac Deville with one hub cap blaring the {censored} out of that song whilst head banging.

Weird, but a true feeling nonetheless.

• 13 years later...
  • Members
On 3/6/2007 at 12:13 AM, Facing Failure said:

It's always for me been 2 SONGS more than albums, but they are as follows:

Sad Exchange by Finger Eleven

Just a great rock tone. James used a Fender Tele Plus into a Bogner Ecstacy 101b and Rick used a PRS swamp ash model into a Marshall JCM800 with a boost of some sort. That song has the best modern mainstream rock tone I've heard in a very long time.

Yeah, the Bogner XTC is the real deal, and that album had great sounds.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Jon Schaffer's rhythm tone from Burnt Offerings through Horror Show.

Almost all Larry Dino's, t75 loaded 1960b cabinets, through Les Pauls, Explorers, and that one SG Supreme with the Dimebucker in the bridge.

I chased that tone forever.  I finally buckled down and bought a Larry, and I can get very, very close - even without the 1960b cabs.

larry.jpg

larry.jpg.9ea3bf405acee11497013f51f9b0d626.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Archived