This thread, in which I whine about studio withdrawals

ElectricPuppy

• Members

Hai, guyz. :cry:

My name is ElectricPuppy, and I have been studio-free for two months now. My studio room is all packed away and I have no keyboards to play. Even my grand is being picked up on Saturday for storage, while we get the house ready for final renovation and sale.

I am ensaddened by this long-term lack of keyboarding. Pleae help to make me feel better.

Thank you.

• Members

...um what? You've been to Guitar Center, haven't you? With all the guitar god wannabes cranking at full volume and the keyboard player wannabes trying to bash out "Clocks" at full volume and the MAD BEATZ DOCTOR YO trying to make mad beats on the beat machine at full volume...

You know the place. :lol:

• Members

Always keep one keyboard unpacked. Always.

Keep it under your bed if you have to.

Look at it this way. Packing up all of your synths and keyboards is like packing away all of your underwear. You're going to need some tomorrow. :)

• Members

I can join you. I have *some* as I now wait to build a studio PC then wait again to by something new. I've scratched the XV5050 off my list and am instead going to get a Motif Rack and a few kontakt based sound instruments to pad the holes.

of course, now I have to experiment and test out paolo's theory and if he's correct, it most likely will force my studio into some sort of divide by zero type {censored}ter.

If you haven't by now, i highly reccomend you get your interdiemisnaional {censored} holes checked. routine maintenance can save many headaches down the road.

• Members

Barnes & Noble has this in stock, it is Moe approved.

Picture-1.png

Thanks. But I'm thinking that, since you obviously don't love your Chroma + expander anymore, that you should send them to me. Clearly they are in need, as I am, and we could comfort each other with its charge pumps oscillating wildy in...

*cough* Um, forget I said anything.

• Members

Always keep one keyboard unpacked. Always.

Keep it under your bed if you have to.

Look at it this way. Packing up all of your synths and keyboards is like packing away all of your underwear. You're going to need some tomorrow.
:)

It's true. I packed away all my essential synthery. This is folly and I regret it.

I *DID*, however, go back and retrieved my SV-1. But it's still in its box in the garage because bathroom fixtures apparently don't install themselves while I'm at work. :mad:

• Members

Perhaps Mr Puppy an IPad/or something similar with musical apps would help during the renovation.

Funny you should mention... :D Teh Wife got an iPad from Santa, and I quickly loaded Korg's iTribe on it. It's... ok. I guess. I dunno, I guess I was expecting something a bit more. Mostly we just play World of Goo on it. :lol:

• Members

...um what? You've been to Guitar Center, haven't you? With all the guitar god wannabes cranking at full volume and the keyboard player wannabes trying to bash out "Clocks" at full volume and the MAD BEATZ DOCTOR YO trying to make mad beats on the beat machine at full volume...

You know the place.
:lol:

I recommend the grand piano store. There is no guitarist in the grand piano store churning out obnoxious metal riffs. The MAD BEATZ DOCTOR YO is befuddled because there is no button to instantly play Bruno Mars piano riffs, and there's no way to go WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB on a Steinway. You may still have to deal with "Clocks" players, but there's a rumor that one of the Bosendorfers in the store eats any pianist that *dares* to play that on it...

Archived