Korg Kronos : How Do I Avoid Faulty keybed?

Crazyfoo

• Members

my thoughts : Korg's RH3 keybed is slow, too "deep and heavy". go for 61 key + Yamaha P85 or something

I was one of the biggest complainers about Korg not releasing a semi-weighted 73/76 and ended up buying an 88. I'm very glad I did. With the exception of Billy Joel's Machine Gun style single on the same key, I haven't had any issue with keys being slow or sluggish. The only thing that gives me any issue is organ palm smears. I can still do them, and I do, it's just not as easy as on a semi-weighted.

As far as the keybed, I wouldn't worry about it. If you get one with a "faulty" keybed, contact a service center than they get you a brand new, guaranteed not to be bad, keybed.

-Mc

• Members

Suppose I want to buy one, how do I know to avoid the ones with the faulty keybeds?

Would I go by serial number?

That's what's keeping me from buying one to be totally honest. I want a 73.

LawofAttraction_page3.jpg

you are already doomed if thats the way you think :lol:

I bought an 88 and it was flawless.

Plus the RH3 feels very good. Consider the various pro's using it.

View the youtube on the Rh3 defect, then test drive a 73/88 at the store.

You will know if you got a winner.

• Members

Just go and try that Kronos 73 and see if you can reproduce that keybed problem in the music store. It's obvious from the various Kronos and Korg-related threads that opinions vary on the RH3 action, and that some Kronos owners got bad apples while the rest seem to be deliriously delighted with theirs.

Also see how you like the RH3 action. Your own brain and hands will tell you if its right for you.

• Members

Oh just don't get it. Enough people have one already. By the time I get mine it will be so ubiquitous I won't impress anyone.

(I wouldn't mind getting the RH3 but if that's what's keeping you, you can always get the 61 and play it from your Kurz when you want to play piano sounds, the Kurz is the ultimate controller anyway)

• Members

I'm with McHale. If you wind up with a flakey one, I'm sure Korg will be happy to fix it.

That said: Unless you really want weighted keys for pianos, I'd suggest the 61. Because really, I prefer regular synth keys for everything but pianos. Since probably the major reason I would get a Kronos is for the tweakable pianos, I'd go with with the 88. Otherwise... unweighted.

• Members

I'm with McHale. If you wind up with a flakey one, I'm sure Korg will be happy to fix it.

That said: Unless you really want weighted keys for pianos, I'd suggest the 61. Because really, I prefer regular synth keys for everything but pianos. Since probably the major reason I would get a Kronos is for the tweakable pianos, I'd go with with the 88. Otherwise... unweighted.

I might do what Christian said, get the 61 and drive the pianos through my Kurz.

I dont really 'need' it but this way I'll never have to haul my O out of the house.

• Members

LawofAttraction_page3.jpg

you are already doomed if thats the way you think
:lol:

I bought an 88 and it was flawless.

Plus the RH3 feels very good. Consider the various pro's using it.

View the youtube on the Rh3 defect, then test drive a 73/88 at the store.

You will know if you got a winner.

Who are the Pros using it?

Archived