Peavey Triple XXX cab?

destined2nate

• Members

Sorry Wolfeman28, gotta disagree, different strokes and all that. There are far worse cabs out there, it's not my first choice with the Triple XXX or other Peavey amps but it's more than good enough IMHO.

Destined2nate, the speakers used in the Triple XXX cab are basically 100 watt V30 clones, "Sheffield XXX speakers". If you like V30 cabs, you might like it, especially with the higher wattage/much later speaker breakup, if any at all. If you don't like V30s and prefer earlier speaker breakup well then, by all means steer clear of it. Personally, since I see alot of 5150 owners with V30 equipped Marshall cabs, so I say go for it if the price is right. Hope this helps! :cool:

• Members

Sorry Wolfeman28, gotta disagree, different strokes and all that. There are far worse cabs out there, it's not my first choice with the Triple XXX or other Peavey amps but it's more than good enough IMHO.

Destined2nate, the speakers used in the Triple XXX cab are basically 100 watt V30 clones, "Sheffield XXX speakers". If you like V30 cabs, you might like it, especially with the higher wattage/much later speaker breakup, if any at all. If you don't like V30s and prefer earlier speaker breakup well then, by all means steer clear of it. Personally, since I see alot of 5150 owners with V30 equipped Marshall cabs, so I say go for it if the price is right. Hope this helps!
:cool:

Meh, I think they sound nothing like v30's... I swapped v30's in mine and it had a completely different sound..... I would have rather spent the money on an Avatar or even saved up just a little more for something better...

That being said, I do agree with you that there are a lot worse cabs out there... Like that hollow sounding Behringer that all the kiddies buy....

• Members

Meh, I think they sound nothing like v30's... I swapped v30's in mine and it had a completely different sound....

Ahhh well, understandable. I've played a buddy of mine's guitar (some somewhat high end Schecter neck thru with a mahogony body equipped with EMGs) one time through my rig and it totally changed the sound of it, to where I had to drastically drop the bass! :eek: So yea, I can see where you're coming from. However, the "X30s" are higher wattage, so that could be a factor as well. I know most people like the V30 when it's pushed hard too. No biggie man, it's all gewd. :thu::cool:

• Members

Ahhh well, understandable. I've played a buddy of mine's guitar (some somewhat high end Schecter neck thru with a mahogony body equipped with EMGs) one time through my rig and it totally changed the sound of it, to where I had to drastically drop the bass!
:eek:
So yea, I can see where you're coming from. However, the "X30s" are higher wattage, so that could be a factor as well. I know most people like the V30 when it's pushed hard too. No biggie man, it's all gewd.
:thu::cool:

Those XXX Sheffields are better than the ones they put in the no-name Peavey cab though.

• Members

The XXX cabs aren't bad at all, they are very midrange heavy speakers that I think would do well with a 5150. Even if you don't like the speakers it's a well built cab for cheap and you could load it with v30's for not a ton of money.

Archived