Fender Princeton Chorus 125W

DLDude

• Members

As mentioned, it's a solid state. But also, it's not 125w. It's bi-amped - 1 -25w amp for each of the two speakers, so 50w. total. I have one and I like it a lot for it's wonderful clean sounds and great stereo chorus, but the distortion on it is not great. I use pedals for that.

• Members

What is this amp worth in today's market? My friend has one I'm thinking of buying. Also how does it compare to the Deluxe Reverb?

It's probably a $200 amp tops if the thing is in really good shape. You can get its big brother, the Ultimate Chorus for about $250-$300.

The Deluxe Reverb is considered by many to be one of the best amps ever built, so comparisons to a low end solid state amp are going to be a bit of stretch. The DR is in a completely different class.

That said, those little solid state Fender chorus amps have some very nice clean sounds, and CAN take pedals, although in my experience, you really have to fiddle with things to get it to sound half way decent. They were meant to be a really nice clean amp, and they are.

Archived