What amp and pedals did Clapton une in the song Cocaine ?

Iplayloud

• Members

No he sings..."it's alright, it's alright, it's alright......"

"it's OK"

Dun nuh nuh nuh....duh nuh nuh......ber chicka ber ner na

No dude...it's "she don't lie". Trust me. I thought it was "she's alright" for years but then, I looked up a lyric sheet. I didn't believe it so I went and DL'd the song just to hear, and it WAS "she don't lie".

Unless, of course, he changes it up at different choruses. :freak:

• Members

Listening to it now. Man there sure is a lot of guitar tracks. Sounds like Fenders and Marshalls goin' on. I mean...let's face it...back when this was recorded it was pretty much down to either Marshall, Fender, or Hiwatt. I'd swear the solo sounds like a cranked Fender of some sort.

What's he saying? "Don't lie" or "Alright"?:wave:

• Members

it's "she don't lie" listen to the original by jj cale. as for amps, I'm not sure where or when that tune was recorded- in those days clapton wasn't real thoughtful, he would often just show up with his strat. At that point in his career people were just giving stuff to him, so surprisingly he played a lot of Musicman and SILVER FACE fenders. Theres def some Marshally tones in there but it also could be a cooking champ w/ unique mic placement- like front and back of combo-- but really who knows. There are plenty of inserts and multitracking goin' on - and if they were doin blow in the studio they could have been at it for 40 hours straight. on the verge of becoming Eric Crapton.

Archived