best delay pedal for high gain shred leads?

JoshuaLogan

• Members

I want something nice and warm sounding, that's why I was thinking something analog, maybe the DMM.

or atleast something that "sounds analog"

I already have a DL4. I'm afraid to keep it because of how unreliable everyone says they are. I don't want to stomp through the footswitches and have a dead pedal. If I do replace it, I'm going to get an akai headrush or boomerang for a looper, but I want a separate delay. I love delays. I'm thinking DMM or Dr. Scientist Sunny Day Delay... both are around the $200 used range and sound very good.

just wondering what else in the same price range I should look into?

• Members

Boss DD-2 or DD-3. Sounds warmer than the newer versions to my ears, and you can dial in a subtle volume boost if you want one pedal to handle all of your soloing needs.

Can you please explain to me how that works? I want to add delay to my lead tone, but I already turn on an eq set to a volume boost and I'd really like to avoid tap dancing. I would love a delay that adds some volume too.

• Members

Hey,

A DD20 will do great- I use one.

I am very interested in the new pedals that Eventide has out. The delay pedal looks like it'll be a winner! I am wanting to try one out bad. It's a bit pricey but if its anything like the other gear they make it'll be worth it.

Archived