Anybody tried the Marshall MC212 cab?

ESchmidt

• Members

Has anybody tried the Marshall MC212 cab. It is UK made and has "Celestion Speakers" so I assume they are some of their lower end stuff since they didnt designate a model. I am thinking of getting this cab to go with my JCM 800 2x12 combo. Any thoughts?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MC212-130w-2x12-Guitar-Extension-Cabinet?sku=481033

It is 4 ohms mono/8 ohms stereo. If I replace the speakers with 16 ohm ones will that work fine with my current combo that has 16 ohm speakers, or will I need to do other modifications such as wiring?

• Members

Wow ...... I've never seen those before. Even when I looked up "Marshall 2x12" on Musician's Friend.

I was aware of their 1936 cab, and their TSL 2x12 cab but I'd never seen this one before.

Nice price on that.

That would be nice with my Marshall DSL 100.

-

• Members

It is a brand new cab. It just started shipping about 3 months ago. I have had a couple come through the shop and they are very impressive. Not even our Marshall rep can tell me what the speakers are. They are definately fatter sounding than the MG cabs though.

• Members

Can anyone answer my ohm question?

My guess is...... since the cab is 4OHMS mono/8OHMS stereo it probably has two 8 OHM speakers wired in parallell in it.

If you replaced them with 16OHM speakers and wired it up EXACTLY the same way it was before, it would then be 8OHMS mono/16 OHMS stereo.

That's my guess. I may be wrong.

-

• Members

i've never tried one, but i doubt it's that great. most marshall cabs are worth half of the price, and i couldn't stand the 1936 when i tried it. unless you absolutely have to get it new, go for avatar, orange, or some other brand like that. i have an orange 212 cab on its way here, and the one i tried sounded so good its unbelievable

• Members

i've never tried one, but i doubt it's that great. most marshall cabs are worth half of the price, and i couldn't stand the 1936 when i tried it. unless you absolutely have to get it new, go for avatar, orange, or some other brand like that. i have an orange 212 cab on its way here, and the one i tried sounded so good its unbelievable

I was thinking Avatar would be a good choice also. Whatever cab I get I want to put Greenbacks in it. I think they will complement the gt75s in my combo pretty well.

• Members

I was thinking Avatar would be a good choice also. Whatever cab I get I want to put Greenbacks in it. I think they will complement the gt75s in my combo pretty well.

Go for the vintage Avatar, bettter build quality and a speaker upgrade won't be necesary as you can load them however you want so you will actually save some money.

• Members

Would it really be that much more money to add the white piping? I just looks incomplete without it.

I always figured they did that to differentiate the stuff they make that sounds like crap from the good stuff, so when you saw something that sounded like crap, you wouldn't go into a store and think all marshalls sound like crap.

• Members

You should see the speakers in the mg cabs. Complete garbage. They look like they have a refrigerator magnet on the back. No wonder they sound like {censored}.

e462_1.JPG

Regardless of the speakers, I will replace them with greenbacks. The thing Im looking for in a cab is a quality construction so the speakers dont matter.

• Members

You should see the speakers in the mg cabs. Complete garbage. They look like they have a refrigerator magnet on the back. No wonder they sound like {censored}.

e462_1.JPG

No way!!! that has to be photoshopped or something. LOL!!!

That's what an MG speaker looks like????

That's a very skimpy little magnet there. :eek:

-

Archived