Alesis Microverb 2 any good?

• Members

Hey guys.

Im looking to buy a reverb to make my synth sound awesome. In the studio, fine, I'll just slap it on in a DAW. I need a hardware reverb for live use, though. There are some sweet modern stompboxes at 1000 Dkkr, but I just stumbled across a used Microverb 2 at 200 Dkkr (relative values cut it here). Not only is it cheap, but I like the fact that it has ins and outs in the back just like my TC delay, which I can then place on top of the Alesis, this saving space on top of my keyboard.

I couldn't really find any audio examples, but this is an aging piece of gear. Some claim it's the bee's knees, but others say it sounds as dated as it is. I don't have high requirements in this area, but does this just suck too hard?

Niels

• Members

If you don't like it you can always sell it. I"m sure it will work nicely for your live sounds, and for recording you'll use plugins anyway :) I'd say go for it.

My favorite reverb/multi-effects is still the el-cheapo Digitech TSR-24, which is very modular in how you can program its effects chains (disclaimer: I've never had an Eventide or anything ridiculously expensive like that, so I can't compare it to those). I used to have an Alesis Quadraverb 2 and the Digitech is much nicer. But like I said, for live purposes, it's certainly good enough.

• Members

Oh well, it seems the Microverb was torn away from me right under my very nose by some other greedy fella. I've just returned from the music store with a spankin' new TC Hall of Fame. Five times the cost of the used Alesis, and I've just realized that I really don't dig epic hifi halls that very much... but there was that one algorithm that had this chorusy modulation on the reverb. I was sold. Yea, it's probably way overkill for a live performance, synth in a rockband. But I figured, now I also have an awesome, tasty reverb that I can put i.e. a Wurlitzer through and play awesome, lush, mellow jazz.

Archived