Fender Twin Reverb Settings

Seth Bean

• Members

The 666 tone adj. is a good place to start especially on the older non-Master Volume amps, for the SF amps and some of the newer reissue amps try replacing the 12AT7 driver tube (phase inv.) with a 12AX7 and if it has a bright switch and your using humbuckers turn it on.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Although very cautious of the number 666, as far as amp settings go it sounds great. Does anyone have have any advice on what a good Reverb, Speed and Intensity Setting on the Vibrato Channel should be? Also have a slight "ticking" sound in the Vibrato Channel that I heard is common. Have a 1969 Twin Reverb SilverFace with essentially AB763 BlackFace circuitry.

• 6 months later...
  • Members

Sorry, I cant dial the Volume above 3 without dying of volume.

Also, the Middle Knob doesn't really effect sound, so I have it around 8. Treble is 7 for me and bass 4. I will try the Magic 6 next rehearsal, but does anyone else have my settings? I use a Fender 65 Twin Reverb Reissue with a Fender USA Stratocaster Ultra.

• Members

Morning all, !!!

I'm gonna try this with my Hot Rod tomorrow and report back but,.... wonder what a good level on the prescence knob should be???? Any thoughts out there??? And yes it's a nOOb ques. but, someone explain what prescence actually is and what it adds to tone??

Much appreciated..

DJ

• 2 years later...
  • Members

No. Volume 6, Treble 6, Mid 6,
Bass 3
, Reverb 2 is the magic blackface formula. Obviously different guitars require a slight tweek in the settings, but those settings are guaranteed to cut through any mix and sounds excellent.

this, bass above three or so and they start sounding bloated.

also everything on 10 or you're ghey

• 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

70's twin slightly modded, volume 2.5-3, treble 7, mids 4, bass 4, master 10, bright switch on, reverb 2. I play mostly funk and soul music. I usually play a tele, but with a added strat middle pickup wired to its own volume then to the jack. So when the middle pickup volume is off, its a normal 3 way switch tele, then I can bleed in the strat middle pickup with its own volume. So the guitar has 2 volumes and 1 master tone. 

• Members

My Fender Twin sits in my attic.

It's the last of the push pull master volume Twins Fender made, when returning to the black face plate. The next year the canned the Twin for the Twin Reverb II. I turn it on every once in a while. All 135 watts of it. I have a variac to slowly bring stuff up to power.

It cost me  my Musicman 65 2X10 combo, and 125 buck new.

Back in the day when PA gear was costly and amps not so much.

I really should ditch it  and move on, but I have a lot of smaller amps too. It's in killer shape too, but ain't worth much.

I used to A/B that with a 2X12 Marshall JCM 800 50 watt combo. That's in my attic too.

Memories light the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories of the way amps were

• Members
On 10/29/2020 at 5:38 AM, Mikeo said:

It's in killer shape too, but ain't worth much.

A shame, ain't it?  In my experience, a used Silverface Twin goes for less than a vintage DeLuxe or Princeton generally. More than once I've seen a Twin for sale on Craigslist and people say something like "Great amp, but it's too big, too heavy and too loud for me!" 

• Members
Just now, Mr.Grumpy said:

A shame, ain't it?  In my experience, a used Silverface Twin goes for less than a vintage DeLuxe or Princeton generally. More than once I've seen a Twin for sale on Craigslist and people say something like "Great amp, but it's too big, too heavy and too loud for me!" 

it is a lot of amp.

Archived