Randall RG 80 112 SC !NEED HELP!

bassturd

• Members

ok, so out of curiosity, after reading a few posts saying it had the same circuitry as an es, i picked one up, pretty killer, does sound a lot like the 100 and 80 es', has the push/pull treble knob and such, now here comes the questions

1) why are there 2 on switches?/

i tried to figure that one out myself i thought maybe for channel switching without the footswitch, but it seems like both channels are on all the time no matter which way i have it flipped

2) ive read a lot about 'boosting' these amps, if you boost it, do you boost it throught the high / or lo gain input, what would be pros/cons/can this damage the amp

3) would anyone happen to have a frickin' manual on this thing in *.pdf?

4) "bleed through" slightly on the clean,when using the footswitch, seems to be common, is there a fix?

5) did i ask too many questions? lol

• Members

ok, so out of curiosity, after reading a few posts saying it had the same circuitry as an es, i picked one up, pretty killer, does sound a lot like the 100 and 80 es', has the push/pull treble knob and such, now here comes the questions

1) why are there 2 on switches?/

i tried to figure that one out myself i thought maybe for channel switching without the footswitch, but it seems like both channels are on all the time no matter which way i have it flipped

2) ive read a lot about 'boosting' these amps, if you boost it, do you boost it throught the high / or lo gain input, what would be pros/cons/can this damage the amp

3) would anyone happen to have a frickin' manual on this thing in *.pdf?

4) "bleed through" slightly on the clean,when using the footswitch, seems to be common, is there a fix?

5) did i ask too many questions? lol

1) Do you mean the two on positions? cause it should just have one switch, a 3 position switch, middle = off, up and down = on. The reason for two on positions is for polarity i believe? To reduce hum... Try it up or down, see which position has less noise.

2) Boost through either the high or lo inputs, doesn't matter. I always use the high gain input though cause i like alot of gain. It won't harm your amp.

3) Email or phone Randall Amplifiers, they have most of the old manuals in online form.

4) I've noticed some of these Randall's have a slight bleed through on the clean channel. Some worse than others. No fix that i know of.

5) No, ask as much as you want, hehe.

• Members

1) Do you mean the two on positions? cause it should just have one switch, a 3 position switch, middle = off, up and down = on. The reason for two on positions is for polarity i believe? To reduce hum... Try it up or down, see which position has less noise.

2) Boost through either the high or lo inputs, doesn't matter. I always use the high gain input though cause i like alot of gain. It won't harm your amp.

3) Email or phone Randall Amplifiers, they have most of the old manuals in online form.

4) I've noticed some of these Randall's have a slight bleed through on the clean channel. Some worse than others. No fix that i know of.

5) No, ask as much as you want, hehe.

oh ok, thanks for the speedy response and all the help man.... so pretty much without the footswitch its both channels that play at the same time?

• Members

oh ok, thanks for the speedy response and all the help man.... so pretty much without the footswitch its both channels that play at the same time?

Yeah, pretty much. But you can use just the lead, or just the clean channel by turning the other channel's gain and master to 0. So it's still very usable without the footswitch.

• Members

Yeah, pretty much. But you can use just the lead, or just the clean channel by turning the other channel's gain and master to 0. So it's still very usable without the footswitch.

luckily i have a footswitch, not the original jack to it though, the rectangle shaped 6 pin was replaced with a 6 pin round, but it has like a screw in end, so itll never come out unless you unscrew it, guy said it was replaced because the other fell out easy and didnt make all that great contact, but either way the amp sounds {censored}ing killer, i couldnt believe it when i heard it, and i'm pretttttttty sure you were the guy i seen anomaly on an old post that made me go lookin for the rg 80 112 sc, so thanks twice! :)

• 13 years later...

Archived