u-he's Diva

• Members

Try it. There are 4 levels of "quality" settings, with just slight differences to them. Just start on DRAFT or FAST whatever it was called. My 6 year old dual threading 2gig ram machine can run it - not 20 instances of it, of course - but it is worth trying. Just don't run in "DIVINE" mode much

Unless you do really have a modern machine. This year I upgraded to a i7-2600K (which is modestly overclocked). It can easily handle any Divine mode patch I've thrown at it, even when I've done a multi-voice unison "osc detune" type patches, as long as I remember to turn multicore support on somewhere. At that point I think the most I've seen CPU hit is 10% or so for a single patch.

• Members

I don't think I'd buy a synth like Diva and settle on running it in draft mode... if I want lesser quality I'd buy a lesser synth (meaning, less expensive too)...

That's why I say TRY it. Free to try it out, and you will find the different modes are BARELY noticable. Mind you, this softsynth is >> THE

And REVO UNINNSTALL is just a couple clicks away... :)

• Members

Is Diva that much better than Z3TA+2, or has anyone compared them?

Apples and coconuts. They're both subtractive synths that use single-cycle waveforms, but that's about it. Diva is trying to be the last word in virtual analogue, with all the creamy warmth you could want. Z3TA+2, on the other hand, is more like a Korg DW-8000 or PPG Wave that received a makeover in a mad scientist's lab. It's harsh, digital, and puts every other sample-mangling synth to shame with the sheer number of options it gives you for pulverizing audio.

Archived