Fast-Fret or Finger-ease and why?

hairydangler

• Members

I have to wipe down my strings alot. I was using alot of finger-ease but Im not sure if I want to keep spraying that on my fretboards all the time. I like my finger board nicely treated, but not waterlogged in it. So now I started using alot of Fast-Fret as well. You can apply it without it getting all over the fingerboard.

• Members

I've never used finger ease but I've been using fast fret for at least 20 years. Its good {censored}; good for the strings and seems to be good for my rosewood and ebony boards. I never treat them with anything else like lemon oil ...but maybe I should...hmmm

• Members

I like Finger-eze better. I use it more in the summer for outdoors and just because of the added humidity. The fingerboard and back of the neck gets sticky in higher humidity/outdoors. I can spray the board and back of the neck and wipe it off and it takes the stickiness away.

• Members

I have used fast fret in the past. I haven't been using it in a while, though.

I have never heard of finger-ease, though. What is it exactly?

Do you guys use fast fret to prolong string life? or just to clean the strings and prevent them from feeling sticky?

• Members

I have used fast fret in the past. I haven't been using it in a while, though.

I have never heard of finger-ease, though. What is it exactly?

Do you guys use fast fret to prolong string life? or just to clean the strings and prevent them from feeling sticky?

It does both actually ..but for me the string life thing is secondary as the strings

usually die out well before that would make much difference.;)

• Members

I like Finger-eze better. I use it more in the summer for outdoors and just because of the added humidity. The fingerboard and back of the neck gets sticky in higher humidity/outdoors. I can spray the board and back of the neck and wipe it off and it takes the stickiness away.

AHH THE sun hurts my eyes, my hands feel sticky ahh

• Members

blech...not for me..its all silicone {censored} anyway..

its like the stuff you use underneath a frisbee when

you do tricks with them..(if you didnt know)..

I wash my hands before i play anyway..the last thing i

would want is that gunk on my strings...

• 12 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Members

I haven't had much luck with GHS Fast Fret, but today after trying to play my guitar after not touching it much in lockdown and needing something to lessen the pain in my fingertips decided to buy a can. The last few times I've purchased it the product hasn't lasted very long. I used to use it a lot in the late 80s and early 90s when I was in bands gigging regularly and it would do a decent job for a good length of time. So imagine my disappointment that toadys purchase after a few uses is barely leaving any residue and is more or less completely dry. I don't want to take it back to the local music shop because they're having a tough enough time as it is, so I'm writing directly to your company. What the hell is going on with your product? Either I've got an old batch and it's dried out in which case it should have a 'sell-by' date or it's just not being made the same. I'm going to give you a chance to reply because I used to use the product all the time. Regards Jason

Archived