VHT Fatbottom Vs. Deliverance cab

moronmountain

• Members

AFAIK, yes, there are tonal differences. at this point, if you can get one or the other, you're ahead of the curve. those things are hard to come by these days.

So are the dimensions different then? That IMO could be the only explanation for tonal differences, or maybe thicker grill cloth?

• Members

I think one of them has more bracing and is stiffer and tighter, not sure which one, though.

Yup, I remember seeing something about that very subject and the explanation above was teh one that I saw. It seems like the FB is braced stiffer than the Deliverance.

• Members

Is there any sonic difference between the Fatbottom and Deliverance cabs or is it all cosmetic. They are both front loaded, same speakers, etc. Are there any other differences?

Yes, they sound different. The FB is tight and has a narrow projection path whereas the D cab dissipates into the room in a less focused projection and while it stays nice and tight, it has more of a vintage feel to it.

• Members

Yes, they sound different. The FB is tight and has a narrow projection path whereas the D cab dissipates into the room in a less focused projection and while it stays nice and tight, it has more of a vintage feel to it.

So the FB lends itself the the UL more? I have the "middle" version UL that is less tight than the first and third versions, (but it's still stupid tight) so the FB may be the better choice?

• 3 years later...
  • Members

I know this is really old but I'm curious about the different versions of the UL and how I can find out what version I have. Anyone have any info on this?

So the FB lends itself the the UL more? I have the "middle" version UL that is less tight than the first and third versions, (but it's still stupid tight) so the FB may be the better choice?

• Members

Really depends on what you're trying to get out of it. I will second the FB's lazer beam like projection...

• Members

I was under the impression that the Deliverence cab was rear loaded.

"Deliverance Series Speaker systems feature high-quality Baltic birch materials, manufactured on CNC cutting equipment for accurate assembly and bullet-proof construction. The Fryette Designed, Eminence made, 50 Watt 12 inch speakers are front mounted for wide dispersion. Front mounting the speakers also allows for a well sealed enclosure with virtually no air leaks, producing a tight focused low end. Our Patented V-BRACE Technology allows specialized tuning of the Deliverance enclosure to produce a somewhat loose

• Members

So are the dimensions different then? That IMO could be the only explanation for tonal differences, or maybe thicker grill cloth?

Yes, there are dimension differences. It it especially apaprent in the 212. The FB212 is pretty compact, whereas the D212 is oversized.

They are both front-loaded. I have a FB but I prefer the D cab personally...I just can't find a used D 212.

Archived