Are there 2 different Fender Princeton Chorus?

MKCL

• Members

I am kind of confused. There is one with red knobs and another with original black knobs. Then there's also one that seems to be rated at 50 watts and another at 125 watts?

I am looking at the red knob one and the seller claims it to be 125 watts. Actually, he even posted a picture of the back saying it is 125 watts. But then I thought there were ones that were only 50 watts?

Which one's better overall?

• Members

I don't know if I have a definite answer for you, but I believe the red knob ones are older models - although not positive about this. As far as the watts, the Princeton Chorus (at least the one I used to have) is 50 watts. It's bi-amped with one 25 watt amp for each speaker, hence, 50 watts. As far as I know the 125 watt rating on the back is related to something else, not the watts of the amp. But, again, I'm not an expert on this, so maybe someone else has an answer.

• Members

Both of mine (red knob and a black knob) both said 23 watts stereo on the back i think.

you know that does sound familiar...you must be right.....haven't had mine in years as it died on me after many years of service....EDGEOFDARKNESS IS CORRECT......end of thread :thu:

• Members

The ones with the red knobs are the original USA made ones. The black knob version is mexican made. Supposedly the red knob ones are "better," but no one has ever really explained to me how -- better tone? better components? better build quality? I dunno. :idk: I have a black knob version and it sounds okay to me -- I've never heard a red knob one. And they're definitely not 125w. :lol: It's 2 speakers x 25w each.

Archived