I have had killer heartburn for 24 hours straight!

Joshtruction

• Members

How old are you? Do you have heartburn a lot? Heartburn can be confused with heart problems so I would go to the hospital.

I am 25 and if I do not eat for a really long time I get heart burn. Well the day before yesterday I ate barely anything, so I figured yesterdays heartburn was from that, but it is still here.

• Members

I've been up over night tonight because of it. I couldn't even get to sleep it was so bad. Should I worry about this, or just let it pass? I know it sucks ass. Does this happen to any of you guys?

Your dying.

Only one thing for it Murder/Suicide :evil:

:wave:

• Members

Dude i get the same thing when i dont eat i get heartburn for a long time i had it for hours the other night and it kept me from sleeping. go take some antiacid if its real bad that should help if it doesnt stop then go see a doctor it couldnt be anything to bad at the most acid reflux in which thgey have medicine for

• Members

I think the lesson here is eat regularly.

Don't get on medication until you absolutely have to. The medical industry would love to grab a 25 year old and get him hooked on medication he has to take for the rest of his life.

When I was around 22 or 23 I had the same problem, except I determined it was from a piss poor diet, stress, and drinking soda (pop) after eating. Eliminate those factors and live healthy, and I'm reflux free.

That's not to say if you have a serious health condition just ignore it. I'm no doctor. You should just be skeptical.

• Members

I get heartburn a lot lately, too.

Kinda worries me. But I never had it for so long in a row.

Do you trink lots of coffee?

Do you experience lots of metnal stress?

I seriously would go and see a doctor if the heartburn keeps coming back.

• Members

If you're not sure it's heartburn then mix a half teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and drink it down. If it's HB you should see some relief. Major causes....

Fatty foods

Chocolate

Alcohol

Carbonated beverages

Fruit juice (contains acid)

Tomato based products (contains acid)

Smoking

Most benign treatment... Saltine crackers and water.

• Members

I used to get really bad heartburn every few weeks. For a while I could just take something like Zantac and that would help. Eventually it got to the point where the Zantac wasn't helping anymore and it was becoming more frequent. Anyway, after a few trips to the doctor I'm now on a prescription of Zantac at the maximum daily dose. He actually wrote it up for twice the max dosage, 2 pills a day as needed, but 1 pill has been enough for me.

But ya, diet is the first thing you should look at. Try something like over the counter zantac for occasional bouts. If it starts happening repeatedly, start watching your diet and see if you can figure out the trigger and try easing up on some things like fly135 mentioned, although non-citrus fruits and juice are supposed to be good, it's the citrus fruit that's bad.

If it becomes more frequent (once a week) or the medicine doesn't help or you start seeing blood or "black tar" like stuff coming out either end, see a doctor.

• Members

Oh ya, there are two types of medicines out there:

histamine receptor antagonists (zantac and tagamet)

proton pump inhibitors (prevacid and prilosec)

zantac and tagement are the type that are usually recommended to try first and I think they're supposed to work better for "quick relief" when taken at the onset of symptoms. If that doesn't work then you might move on to prevacid/prilosec, though I don't think they work as well for spot treatment.

• Members

How old are you? Do you have heartburn a lot? Heartburn can be confused with heart problems so I would go to the hospital.

Truth.

I have to take prilosec or I'll wake up choking on my own reflux. If the problem's bad enough to cause chronic symptoms, don't mess around; see a doc.

• Members

Guys....you don't have to take pills the rest of your lives. Calm down on soda, cuz carbonation kills enzymes in your stomach and intestinal track....

That being said....Acid reflux is a scam. I had it about 4 years ago for 3 months straight...I was in so much pain. Went to the doc and and got nexium, prilosec, etc...All seemed to work fine....One day I decided to go off it cuz I didn't want to take meds forever....it came back day 2.

So....I pounded Vinegar for everyday(twice a day) for a week....and I haven'

t had Acid Reflux since.

You get heartburn when you don't eat cuz your stomach acids have nothing to digest, so it evaporates into gas and climbs the esophagus.

• Members

If you're not sure it's heartburn then mix a half teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and drink it down. If it's HB you should see some relief. Major causes....

Fatty foods

Chocolate

Alcohol

Carbonated beverages

Fruit juice (contains acid)

Tomato based products (contains acid)

Smoking

Most benign treatment... Saltine crackers and water.

no alky, no smoking, not many carbonated drinks (actually had a coke last night) no tomato's, no chocolate, but I have been drinking fruit juice.

I am also really stressed lately.

• Members

I suffured for years from that...I take Prilosec because I have good insurance.

You should see a Doc though, especially if this a common occurence.

BTW...Prevacid gave ME stomach ache, Prilosec doesn't.

• Members

Acid reflux is DEFINITLEY NOT a joke/scam!

I have it, my grandfather had it, my sister has it and my nephew has it (only 20 years old). My father had his esophagus removed a year and a half ago because of cancer caused by years of acid reflux/smoking/coffee. My dad used to eat tums like candy when I was younger, but that is not good for you either (too much calcium). His stomach is now stretched up and attached to his throat! Needless to say his eating habits/diet has changed significantly! He still has to take a daily pill for acid reflux as well. He was lucky that they found the cancer early... had they found the cancer a couple months later and he would not be with me today!

It doesn't matter how I change my diet, acid reflux is ALWAYS there... but now I take 1 Prilosec a day and I have no problems. If I don't take a Prilosec, then I am guaranteed to have heartburn that night... no matter what I eat or don't eat. I have been cutting down my soda intake with the intent to not drink any more soda. Soda is very bad for heart burn/acid reflux.

Anyway... I would go see a doctor if I were you (original poster), just to make sure.

Also, I am not sure about this vinegar suggesstion since you truly don't know the vinegar is not doing more harm than good. Just because your heartburn stopped when you did the 'vinegar treatment', doesn't mean you still don't have something amiss with your stomach. Just a thought!

Take care,

Vid

• Members

I had really bad heartburn a while ago, I couldnt do anything without it being really painful, it felt like there was a load of pressure on my chest and like I needed to do a massive burp but couldnt.. I just went to the doctors and they gave me some heartburn medecine, it tasted really nice :o:thu:

• Members

4pm and still burning. I finally fell asleep after I made the poost. Seems like it was not bothering me if I laid on my back, but the second I went on my sides or stomach it all came on like a rush. This sucks... I hate doctors, and I am dirt poor so I can't get the medicine to see if that helps.

Archived