Aftertouch with the XP30?

• Members

Is there a way to cancel the effects aftertouch triggers with certain patches. I recieved my XP30 a year ago and I like to really bang on the keys (especially at the gigs) Unfortunately aftertouch seems to be triggering some sort of effects (modulation or filter) and the end result sounds pretty garbled. At times it sounds like I lose polyphony when I play chords aggressively.

Is this normal? Is there a way to shut this off.

• Members

go to Edit : Control and look for the system controllers. If it reads after touch on the system controllers just change it or turn it off.

In the effects edit section there will be an effects control that can be assigned to aftertouch too. Scroll down you'll see effect controller: aftertouch. Again just turn select ' off.

• Members

If you wish to turn aftertouch off for all sounds, there's a system setting for aftertouch sensitivity on Roland XP's. I don't have the XP-30, but if you press your "System" front panel button it shouldn't be too hard to find. Remember, when you make a paramater change in "System" on a Roland, you own it as soon as you change the value...it does not ask you to write it in memory. And turning the machine off and on will not restore the original setting, so be careful in there.

• 9 years later...

Archived