Roland EP-7...Is it any good?

Noise...

• 9 months later...
  • Members

Did you ever get  your EP-7 sorted out. I have an old EP-7 that has had a similar problem for years. the built in demo works fine the the keyboard started producing random or not sounds at all. Hitting a bass key may produce a treble sound and vice versa. most of the time you get no sound at all. I had put it away for years and just recentl pulled it out and opened it up before deciding to trash it. It has suffered the Red Glue problem so i disassembled the keyboard and cleaned all the keys. A concentrated lye solution works great in disloving that glue without damaging the plastic keys. there are several threads on other forums that describe how to clen the glue. I also cleaned all the keyboard contacts and circuit strips so they all appear to be OK. Somehow whatever registers the pressed the key and translates that to the correct sound is screwed up. I have been wondering if it is even worth trying to get it fixed or maybe just sell it for the parts. All the circuit boards look fine with no obvious damage or fried capacitors, etc. I was going to see if I could ressurect this piano for my grandkids but I am not sure if its worth a lot of money to repair it. Does Roland stil sell the flexible keyboard circuit board strips if they need to be replaced?   

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Hi!

I just got a FREE Roland EP 7, with one broken key. It sounds like the leaf spring or the weight came off one key, the c# above middle c.

it should be an easy fix. HOW DO I GET THE THING APART.???

i took off the bottom screws. No luck. Do I have to unscrew the Phillips head screws around the midi ports?

Erik Von Halle

Golden, Co

Archived