OT: The Photography Thread

• Members

Lovely photos. Very artistic!thumb.gif

dSLR camera?

To insert pictures directly into your posts, upload them somewhere on the internet [photo sharing sites such as imageshack and photobucket then copy the url of the photo you want to insert on here and paste it into the "Insert Image" icon you see above the box where you reply to a postsmile.gif

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mediterranean

View Post

Lovely photos. Very artistic!thumb.gif

dSLR camera?

To insert pictures directly into your posts, upload them somewhere on the internet [photo sharing sites such as imageshack and photobucket then copy the url of the photo you want to insert on here and paste it into the "Insert Image" icon you see above the box where you reply to a postsmile.gif

Thanks very much! I'll try.

Yes, they are taken with a Nikon D90...

• Members

BDSM shots or it didn't happen! biggrin.gif

Great shots, Tom. Good composition, especially on the last photo and the one at the bar/restaurant. I think they would have looked a lot better if they were taken with a better camera. Is this a phonecam by any chance? iPhone perhaps?

That looks like a Gothic town. Dracula would love to live and suck some blood thereicon_lol.gif

Ferran: that is one fine camera!eek.gif

I never used a dSRL before. Maybe some daysmile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mediterranean

View Post

BDSM shots or it didn't happen! biggrin.gif

Great shots, Tom. Good composition, especially on the last photo and the one at the bar/restaurant. I think they would have looked a lot better if they were taken with a better camera. Is this a phonecam by any chance? iPhone perhaps?

That looks like a Gothic town. Dracula would love to live and suck some blood thereicon_lol.gif

Ferran: that is one fine camera!eek.gif

I never used a dSRL before. Maybe some daysmile.gif

Oh Med, now you made me feel like the worst photographer ever xD. That IS a DSLR, Canon EOS1000D to be exact.

Actually, I'm pretty bad at taking pictures. This was the first time that I manually set all the settings. It has been a good way to learn about all the camera's features, and while not the best, I'm defenitly proud of the pictures (I took like 280 pictures in those 4 days xD)

• Members

lol Tom, now I am the one who feels like the worst photographer because I am obviously blind, lolfrown.gif

But seriously, there's just something about them that's missing [nothing to do with the composition of the shots]. It must be some of the settings you made in manual mode, like ISO sensitivity, shutter speed and aperture. The photos look too small too [resolution]. I think you reduced the image size in your photo program so much that some of the detail and clarity [sharpness] are lost. Does the camera allow you to shoot at low resolution? Some cameras do that in continuous/burst mode because the sensor can't keep up with so many photos being taken in a second. So the photos are shot are a fraction of the actual resolution of the camera.

Side note about composition: I don't know if you already know about this rule in photography called "the rule of thirds" but you did it in all of those photos. Very nicesmile.gif

It's great that you are using full manual. It's not that easy to master! I am still trying to.

• Members

I took like 500+ photos recently for some album art and they would load into my laptop ! scared the bejesus out of me.

turned out one was corrupt so I managed to delete it but revisiting like 20-30 sites and redoing the project would have been awful.

i'll upload some if anyone's interested it's mostly architecture called 'brutalism' like concrete buildings from the 50s-70s. the album is called koncrete jungle

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Purity_Control

View Post

Depends on the circumstances, technically both. Also the cops will find any excuse to shut those kind of events down.

People are just cautious.

Reminds me of something somewhat shocking I learned about the European Union when I was watching camera reviews on youtube:

Did you know that cameras destined for the EU market are limited to only record 13 or 15 minutes at a time? [and it's the law there].

No such thing here in the US. Ironically though, you'll be sued if you recorded people walking down the street here. In Europe, nobody gives a chit, lolol.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by selfinflikted

View Post

I liked the dancing.

Hahahahahasmile.gif

Quote Originally Posted by mate_stubb

View Post

I just finished my hammond midi controller a week ago, and have been in full photography mode. All I can say is, lighting is everything.

Absolutely. Just did this little macro test and realized how much that's true [my lil elephant is being blasted by two regular household lights from each lateral side, only a few centimeters away!

I don't know about the good ol' "analog" cameras, but digital ones suck in low-light conditions. Especially CCD ones, where tons of megapixels are crammed into a tiny sensor.

Archived