praise song for my church band.

RiffKing24

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

sadly no. my hopes for going to emory college were crushed when a freak chicken truck accident left the dean with strange symptoms of loneliness and depression. you see i was calmly driving home from school (16 now) when the dean of emory college appeared i waved to him and he waved back recognizing me because i had interviewed with him several times becasue im awesome and being distracted by my perfect coolness he drove through a red light just as a truck full o fchickens came up on the left. The huge chicken truck smashed his small toyota echo as i watched in horror. the chickens verbally assaulted the poor man, calling him "fat" and "gay" even saying to him "you will die alone". He blames me for the incident and said i would never go to emory college and could no longer listen to the band emery because allthought the spelling was different the pronunciation was the same. i curse the day.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by zuul777

this is the threat that shows up in my email inbox every 6 months or so and reminds me this msg board still exists.

isn't it glorious?! Have faith, Ghost Cheetah wants to crush your skull and feast upon the entrails of your bloodline. Ghost Cheetah, knows and cares deeply about you. You fuel the rage that expands the universe.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

alright, the wait is over. I have rewritten my hymn to ghost cheetah as a sestina. Behold!

Ghost Cheetah,

Protean ass kicking claw of once formless aggression.

In his infancy, he skewered the wall of unending abyss

With the fang of his yearning for finitude and a reality

upon which to unleash vengeance, and thus to give himself shape

His dark visage of nothingness against nothingness did clash.

Substance and Succession were both born of this clash.

Being

• 6 months later...
  • Members

I just wanted to say that coming from a 14-year old or a 44 year old, it's a good praise song lyrically. Do you have any music yet? I'm also a praise and worship songwriter and I understand where you are coming from (and going to) on this song and i think it works very well. It's simple for a congregation, scriptural and most importantly, heartfelt. Keep up the good work and remember Timothy in the scriptures, how even though he was young, the apostle Paul told him to "stand up tall" so to speak. Be encouraged my brother!

• Members

Originally posted by RiffKing24

this is a praise song i wrote for my church youth group, i am only 14 so go easy

The song is "all i need to say"

(chorus)

I want to rise,

but I always fall,

I recognize,

I can't get up at all,

I need your hand,

to help me stand,

Lord, pick me up,

please fill this cup,

and dust me off again,

dust me off again!

I've fallen down,

face in the ground,

stuck in this miry clay,

and all i need to say,

Lord you are my king,

my everything,

I'll lean on you again,

(chorus)

I trip and stumble,

I always fumble,

on my own two feet,

once again I'm beat,

Lord carry me today,

That's all I need to say,

(chorus)

All I need to say,

Is that I love you,

and you love me,

That's all I need to say,

(chorus 2x)

Good job man !! very good for only being 14 y/o ! :love:

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Very nice. I dont like religion.. The thing about "CUP" needs a little working on. You are very talented, so find a bettter thing to do on sundays. ;-)

The "Im SO helpless without Gawd" theme is bloody annoying, but thats what you Christians/muslims/jews seem to believe.

Archived