praise song for my church band.

RiffKing24

• Members

this is a praise song i wrote for my church youth group, i am only 14 so go easy

The song is "all i need to say"

(chorus)

I want to rise,

but I always fall,

I recognize,

I can't get up at all,

I need your hand,

to help me stand,

Lord, pick me up,

please fill this cup,

and dust me off again,

dust me off again!

I've fallen down,

face in the ground,

stuck in this miry clay,

and all i need to say,

Lord you are my king,

my everything,

I'll lean on you again,

(chorus)

I trip and stumble,

I always fumble,

on my own two feet,

once again I'm beat,

Lord carry me today,

That's all I need to say,

(chorus)

All I need to say,

Is that I love you,

and you love me,

That's all I need to say,

(chorus 2x)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the song is good for a 14 year old. I think though that I would be more moved if you were praising some god that was more wrathful and less merciful...like a ghost cheetah with tanks for feet and bloody arms holding knives for teeth. This creature could route about like chewbacca in a tar filled pit, killing innocent peasants.

• Members

Originally posted by pontiusplaymate

I think though that I would be more moved if you were praising some god that was more wrathful and less merciful...

Check out the Old Testament, brother. There's plenty

of wrath in there.

BTW. I think the lyric is OK! Write on...

• Members

Originally posted by IsildursBane

HAHA! I'm thinking we could develop this into a concept album called "The Wookie That Saved Them All" I bet you could get a few eyebrows raised at church with that one.

-Dan.

I bet you would raise the eyebrows of god too. God being George Lucas of course. :)

• Members

Hey riff, I'm a 16-year old who writes worship songs too. I like your lyrics, I especially enjoyed this part:

All I need to say,

Is that I love you,

and you love me,

That's all I need to say.

Keep writing, I'm sure that God will keep using you.

-Kate

• Members

Pretty good, especially for a 14 year old. My only advice is to avoid using overused lines and lyrical concepts such as "fill this cup" and "in the miry clay".

Try to think of phrases that are a bit more imaginative. Defintely not a bad song tho.

• Members

sorry i have been at camp all week so i just got home. thatnks for the input. i have no idea what i am putting the music too. i was hoping bulldawg could help me sometime at church or myyouth band leader. but uh the whole ghost cheetah stuff was, um, uh original i guess. but i think the old testament does beat the crap out of the cheetah god. ytou ever seen skeletons come to life or a city blow up from a force that rivals nuclear power? cause there arew some dead peeps in the bible who have. anyway thanks for the advice

• Members

Originally posted by RiffKing24

sorry i have been at camp all week so i just got home. thatnks for the input. i have no idea what i am putting the music too. i was hoping bulldawg could help me sometime at church or myyouth band leader. but uh the whole ghost cheetah stuff was, um, uh original i guess. but i think the old testament does beat the crap out of the cheetah god. ytou ever seen skeletons come to life or a city blow up from a force that rivals nuclear power? cause there arew some dead peeps in the bible who have. anyway thanks for the advice

So, let me get this straight...God's bombs are less powerfull than human made nukes? Looks like you might wake up as a pillar of salt tomorrow. Anyhow, I think the whole skelatons come to life and cities blowing up thing has been overdone to death in hollywood. I think the ghost cheetah is far more interesting and thought provoking. I don't want to write your song for you, but I highly recommend you go with ghost cheetah in a tar pit.

If you go with Ghost Cheetah, I will personally write the music for it, for you...and for God (i.e. Ghost Cheetah).

G

• Members

Quote: originally posted by pontiusplaymate-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's an awesome intro to your ghost cheetah song. The locusts can the like the royal garbs of the horrible God ghost cheetah out for revenge. Keep it coming!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- i think they make pills for those kind of ideas pontius

• Members

Quote: originally posted by pontiusplaymate-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's an awesome intro to your ghost cheetah song. The locusts can the like the royal garbs of the horrible God ghost cheetah out for revenge. Keep it coming!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- i think they make pills for those kind of ideas pontius

riffking, I know what you're asking...but as much as I'd like to, it would be wrong for me to give you these pills. You will have to look within to find a future for your vision of the Ghost Cheetah.

• Members

i think it's your vision buddy. shoot son you need to take alot of those pills that ghost cheetah is one trippin beast.

shoot boy, my trippin' ain't nothin' compared to those old testement prophets. Ezekiel laying on his side eating dung and watching UFO's...doesn't get much more freaky that that. In fact, I bet Ezekiel even has a chapter or two on ghost cheetah, and maybe even one on chewbacca. Run with the cheetah!

• Members

fool he cooked his bread OVER crap. not actually ate it. besides laying on his side for like three hundred days took commitment. anyway the ghost cheetah was made up by you. shouldn't he worship you since you were the creator.

Archived