[metathread] mods suck and all that stuff

framuscobrasson

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
This site has become overrun by trolls. Not even good trolls. Just complete idiots. It also seems like there is little to no moderation anymore. There's jackasses on here that have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to contribute other than starting {censored} with people. Sure, they're not breaking any HC rules (and that is definitely debatable) but it's painfully obvious that they're only here to cause problems.

Ah, the good old days, when there was a ton of useful information here and not just flame wars and trolls.

That said, there's a TON of cool people on this site but lately there's been an influx of knuckleheads. Not that anyone cares, but I've been coming here less and less lately due to the fact that there's too many ridiculous threads posted by people with only the intention of stirring up a {censored} storm. Hopefully these new mods can help clean this place up.

At any rate, maybe it's time for some of the HC members to start speaking up about this. Maybe I'm the only person that is bothered by this stuff though.

I'm sure within the first 5 posts there will be one of these trolls I'm talking about who comes in and tries to provoke a negative response. Such is life, I guess.

Good onya for bringing this up :thu: .

I'm sick and tired of all the trolling {censored} too. This place has become rampant with trolls, and it's not just annoying, but really dull and tedious.

I was STOOGED by that {censored}en Ice_Shadows24 :mad: . I was glad to offer advice but he kept asking the same questions over and over posting multiple threads all over the shop, and then just raping my gear ideas from me. And he lied about his age. First he said he was 26, then twice said he was 30. Then admits he just finished 9th grade... Then there's the crap with Icehouse/KiethSIO and the other multiple aliases that talk back to each other like some schitzophrenic freak, flooding the Effects Forum like a noxious weed. And then also the racist etc. threads posted here, as indicated by DeathMonkey.
I tried to inspire & start up some decent discussion, with my "Evolution of the midrange voicing on Mesa/Boogie amps" thread, but it just got left in the ditch. :cry:

I'm {censored}en sick of this {censored}. This place needs a good cleanup.

I still come here out of blind hope.

• Members

Well, I hope we can help to make this a forum everyone will enjoy. There seems to be a LOT of talk about trolls here. While we already have a few suspects, it doesn't look to me to be as overrun as you make it out. Or perhaps they are laying low at the moment.

I've been modding the bass forum for a while now and the tolls that come there are usually dispensed with by the members pretty quickly. Perhaps the alt monikers are why that doesn't happen here. That's going to change.

• Members
2. Swearing in Titles

This rule is obvious, and doesn't need explaining. In the past we allowed people to use * and other symbols, but recently we've noticed that some people aren't able to start a thread without using this method, so from now on, NO swearing in thread titles will be tolerated, regardless of whether you use symbols or not.

it begins :cry::poke:

• Members

3. Drug related threads / threads relating to criminal activity

All threads that are created specifically about drug use will be deleted. The reason for this is to protect both HC and its users from getting into trouble with their respective local law authorities. The internet is NOT a secure means of communication, and it is possible for people's identities to be found using the internet. You should be aware that, for 99% of us, drug use is illegal in the countries we live in, and by admitting to said activities on a forum like this (and particularly if you also display photos of performing these activities!), you are confessing to committing a crime.

i would say that photos or admiting drug use on a internet forum can not be used as evidence, and cannot be used against you. lots of people claim a lot of things on the internet.
and i can find plenty of photos of drugs to post that i dont own, or even post a nice photoshop altered pic of my boss smoking crack ...too easy to do. i'm not advocating this kind of activity, but the legal opinion on this one is B.S. - if you dont want it - just say so. dont play to a bunch of unfounded fears, please. lots of kids on here that dont know the diffrence, but i do.

Archived