rivera kh100r & K-tre cleans

lpwcruzr

• Members

How do the clean sounds compare on these two. I think I'm going to try one of these amps next. no one around here has a K-tre for me to try though, so I'm trying to find as many clips of the clean sounds of both amps I can.

All I can find in clips of the K-tre is really heavy stuff. How well does it sound if you back off the gain some for some lighter rock stuff?

• Members

I own a Tre but have not played the KH100. I can tell you that the clean tones on the K-Tre are very good for a high gainer - they stay clean, and you're not really fighting the volume match between the overdrive and clean channels. You have bright and notch controls as well, so it can get pretty bright or mellow. Good stuff.

The K Tre is all about heavy. Even with the gain at 4-5 its still super heavy. I wouldn't say its the best amp for lighter stuff, its got a lot of low end that doesn't really can't be dialed out, and the voicing is pure heavy all the way. I suppose it could be tamed in some way, but its not the best starting point.

However, for what it does, it does it really well. And, they are pretty cheap too.

• Members

Well right now I'm playing through a JSX. I was really suprised by how much gain it has on the amber channel. On the amber channel I'm having to turn the gain down to 2 or 3 to keep it from being too much for some of the stuff my band is learing right now. So I'm pretty used to turning the gain down now.

Archived