NEW AMP: Short review/clip!

Red Ant

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sounds decent. I'm not blown away, but it sounds good. I avoided the VJ for the same reason BAZ stated. It sounded ratty and harsh rather than harmonically rich. I think the cheap price and the fact that it was tube appealed to folks. Tube doesn't mean much if it sounds bad.

I'm fairly certain with RedAnt's production and playing skills, he could take a metal zone straight in to the board and make it sound good.

$150 for a decent sounding tube head for practice and blues if it sound great.

• Members

Great clip, mang! I would love to have a small size head like that to pair up with my 1x12 v30 cab for a portable rig... Just wish it had an fx loop, but that never seems to be in the design philosophy for these low watt, stripped down amps. :cry:

Still, that's going to be very tempting, which won't please the missus.... ;)

• Members

Nope - Neck pickup on strat, then bridge pickup on a '71 Ibanez "law suit" LP.

Cool. The single tones sound almost quacky to me, but in a fattened-up compressed way. Really spanky for a straight neck SC. Sounds great. The delay is perfect!! Is there a loop on this amp?

• Moderators
Cool. The single tones sound almost quacky to me, but in a fattened-up compressed way. Really spanky for a straight neck SC. Sounds great. The delay is perfect!! Is there a loop on this amp?

No, no loop. You can't have everything for $150 ;)

• Moderators

Ya, I have three 5 watt Crate tube combos with loops, so what the heck. I'm sure I'll have to get one of these too. BTW, did you add your effects initially or once you had the tracks down?

All effects are Post, added in my DAW, but i played with them on.

Archived