NEW AMP: Short review/clip!

Red Ant

• Moderators

So I got a Blackheart Little Giant 5/3W Tube head. Its designed/built by Pyotr Belov (of Gibson/Belov Amps fame) and sold by Crate. Its a 1 EL84, single-ended 5 watt head with a pentode/triode switch that takes it down to 3W, bass, mid, treble and volume controls. This little sucker fairly SCREAMS. Its a bit rude turned up all the way, but i LIKE it! :)

Here's a clip of the Blackheart on 10 (ALL knobs on 10) at 3W, into a HotPlate, then line out to a DAW with Guitar Rig 2 acting as a Cab simulator. 1st 1/2 is my strat, 2d is my lawsuit Ibanez LP. Backing track courtesy of Humble Pie ;) What do you folks think?

Blackheart

534690.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

where the heck did you get that?

I remember some hype about it a while back, but then it disappeared from MF and I can't seem to find any info about it online.

So...like I said...where the heck did you get that? :)

• Members

What do you folks think?

What do I think? I think that you are the master of all you survey and that in your presence, we are merely Slack Jawed Liberaces that arent worthy of groveling before you...

I also thought that the clip killed and had a real balsy, gutsy tone... very expressive...

Kage

• Members

Waiting on the clip to down load, but it looks like everything the Epi. Valve Jr. should have been.

Where is it made? Is it Chinese or Russian?

How much are they going to sell for?

Does it have speaker outs to run more than one 12" cab?

Tell us more about it. Details, details, details.

Eric

• Moderators

Waiting on the clip to down load, but it looks like everything the Epi. Valve Jr. should have been.

Where is it made? Is it Chinese or Russian?

How much are they going to sell for?

Does it have speaker outs to run more than one 12" cab?

Tell us more about it. Details, details, details.

Eric

Its made in China.

Speaker outs:

2 x 4 Ohm

2 x 8 Ohm

1 x 16 Ohm

Street price of about 150 for the head. There's also a 1 x 12 Combo.

• Members

Its made in China.

Speaker outs:

2 x 4 Ohm

2 x 8 Ohm

1 x 16 Ohm

Street price of about 150 for the head. There's also a 1 x 12 Combo.

Thank you sir. Sounds great to me. I tried to love the Epi. VJ head, but after a while it just seemed too dumbed down. The raunchyness that I initially liked, turned out to be too harsh and without harmonic content. Did you have a chance to try the VJ head? If so, could you do a little comparo between the two?

Eric

P.S.- Sorry, I meant to say something about your clip. That was really nice. I wish it had featured an actual miced cab, but your playing was very good. One of the best clips I`ve heard on this forum. I enjoyed your phrasing very much. A pleasant listen.

Archived