how loud are two 15watt tube amps?

Saturday

• Members

1x10, 15 watts, 2 12ax7, 2el84.

mostly talking about fender pro junior, laney lc15, blues junior, etc

i have a pro junior and i thought about pairing it with another one. will be noticeably louder or not much? obviusly i dont expect it to sound like a 30 watt amp (it's different, i know) but im curious about this setup.

• Members

they can be very loud--i had a blues jr and it was really loud---i would usually only go to 3 or 4 on the master volume. i've got a 70s champ that is 6 watts and i can only go to about 3 or 4 on that in a club. it also does just fine playing with a loud drummer at that volume.

• Members

Gawd not again. 2 x 15 = 30. It's pretty simple. Two identical amps will be 3 dB louder than one of the amps by itself.

As to how loud they are, that depends how loud you turn them up and what kind of speakers you're running them into among other things. You shouldn't have any trouble getting heard over a drummer.

• Members

Gawd not again. 2 x 15 = 30. It's pretty simple. Two identical amps will be 3 dB louder than one of the amps by itself.

As to how loud they are, that depends how loud you turn them up and what kind of speakers you're running them into among other things. You shouldn't have any trouble getting heard over a drummer.

sorry for a repeated post. any post here about the same thing?

i heard about the 3db more, but obviously, dont know exactly how much 'loud' could that be.

probably not that much, and i would like really having more headroom - and that will not change at all. so okay.

• Members

sorry for a repeated post. any post here about the same thing?

i heard about the 3db more, but obviously, dont know exactly how much 'loud' could that be.

probably not that much, and i would like really having more headroom - and that will not change at all. so okay.

This comes up every few months and usually turns into many pages of confusion.

There will be a noticeable difference, but it won't be a big difference.

Archived