Sign in to follow this  
thefyn

Dan Spitz tone State of Euphoria (ish) era gear?

Possibly the most underrated guitarist in metal history.

Any idea what he used? Mem tells me Marshalls and ESP V's but he always had a processed FX laden sound...anyone know what was in the chain>

because it was off it.

i know they used Marshalls in the start, then Dan went to Mesa because they had more "zzzzzzzzzz's" (he said that in an interview once LOL)

not sure about that era...im not up on my Anthrax, except i know what is Joey and what is John.

I have a guitar mag somewhere in my collection that has an interview with Dan and he was using a "special" mark III gave to him by Kirk Hammett. I beleive he used this same amp on Among the Living and probably the one that followed State of Euphoria (can't remember the name at the moment). Scott was still using boosted JCM 800's.

+1

I know he was using one of P.O.T. but I think he started using it it on S.O.E.

POT has the best metal tone. It's fucking perfect!

I have a guitar mag somewhere in my collection that has an interview with Dan and he was using a "special" mark III gave to him by Kirk Hammett. I beleive he used this same amp on Among the Living and probably the one that followed State of Euphoria (can't remember the name at the moment). Scott was still using boosted JCM 800's.

Was Scott using TSs to boost his Marshall? Any idea if he was playing the 2203 or the 2204?

Thanks

V's but he always had a processed FX laden sound...anyone know what was in the chain>

because it was off it.

Fixed :poke:

:cop: Danny and Scott both used jacksons exclusively during thier heyday. I think Scott still does. He has a signature Jackson model (or at least had one)

Danny used to play all those RR-1's with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles stuff all over 'em way before TMNT became popular.

Saw Anxthrax a few times back in the day. Great band, and an under-rated rythm section. Drums & Bass in that band were killer:thu:

Dan used to run a spx 90 during the among the living days...

he proboby used a tc or eventide box on the later stuff...that guy is a total gear head...usually all high end as well....

Dan used to run a spx 90 during the among the living days...

he proboby used a tc or eventide box on the later stuff...that guy is a total gear head...usually all high end as well....

DUDE!!! I loved that thing! It was so expensive though. I remember playing through it in a store and it was dreamy. Great info. Thanks!

Fixed :poke:

:cop:
Danny and Scott both used jacksons exclusively during thier heyday. I think Scott still does. He has a signature Jackson model (or at least had one)

Danny used to play all those RR-1's with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles stuff all over 'em way before TMNT became popular.

Saw Anxthrax a few times back in the day. Great band, and an under-rated rythm section. Drums & Bass in that band were killer:thu:

Scott uses Washburn now. Kinda like his Jackson signature, but ugly.

Danny has an uglyasfuck PRS sig model.

Was Scott using TSs to boost his Marshall? Any idea if he was playing the 2203 or the 2204?

Thanks

He was always well noted to use that TC Electronic Distortion Booster...

Possibly the most underrated guitarist in metal history.

Underated ? His contemporaries at the time, Alex Sloknick, Gary Holt, Rocky George, Andy Larouque, any Megadeth guitarist all kicked his ass pretty hard.