Is it normal for tubes to make noise after turning off amp?

codecontra

• Members

I have a Mesa Rect-O-Verb 50, 1X12 combo amp. I was getting some buzzing sounds out of it and took it to a local Mesa authorized repair facility (basically a guy running a small amp repair business). Anyway, he said he would replace the tubes and he did under warranty.

It sounds better, but every time I turn the amp off the tubes make this "plinking" noise for about 5-10 minutes. I don't remember it doing this before, but I am not 100% because I did not own the amp all that long. I would probably expect this to occur after playing for awhile, but it makes this noise even after like 10 minutes of play time at low volumes.

Any ideas?

• Members

That little tinkling glass sound is kinda startling if you aren`t used to it. I remember the first time I heard it with my first tube amp.

It`s sorta cool that even in the new millinium we are still relying on a bunch of glass tubes for kick ass guitar tone. That`s what i think every time I turn my amp off and hear that sound.:thu:

Eric

• Members

That little tinkling glass sound is kinda startling if you aren`t used to it. I remember the first time I heard it with my first tube amp.

It`s sorta cool that even in the new millinium we are still relying on a bunch of glass tubes for kick ass guitar tone. That`s what i think every time I turn my amp off and hear that sound.
:thu:

Eric

I like to smell mine.... hmmmm.. tubey...

Breathe that shit in kids, thats the smell of decibels! (but not rock n' roll, that smells different)

Archived