How many times have Papa Roach ripped off Iron Maiden?

• Members

This one's pretty infuriating. A NWOBHM or power metal band ripping off Iron Maiden in some way is one thing. It's almost like a tribute. A nasty, mind-numbingly bad nu-metal band blatantly ripping off Iron Maiden and using one riff for an entire song is another, and I hear they've done it multiple times.

• Members

You know, I've always felt aside from their singer's constant bitching about his pathetic childhood (and perhaps their terrible name), Papa Roach is a pretty solid band. I bought a used copy of Infest once upon a time and felt it had some great guitar tones and cool riffs. With a different singer and perhaps a little more inspiration, they'd be a really good band.

• Members

They haven't ripped off them enough to make them good.

I can tell ya that.

Oh yeah, they also ripped off one of the Hannibal movies..

I think it was Red Dragon.

"Scars remind us that the past is real"

I saw the movie after I heard the song.

It made my heart clench with anger.

• Members

i dont know why but for some reason i like papa roach. maybe because the melodies are so mind numbingly simple that they just grab me. maybe because sometimes you just need something to let your brain rest. maybe its because when i was in 4th grade i loved infest and theyre stuck in my head as being "good"

i know theyre technically the opposite of inspiring but they write catchy songs and if you let yourself enjoy it, its plenty enjoyable

• Members

they are far from numetal as you can get. what a fucking idiotic closed minded statement. how dumb can you be to bash a band without even hearing them.

they are closer to pop punk than nu metal.

and this is based off the infest album which is the only one worth a shit.