Vox AC-30 ... could be an acoustic amp?

Vatican

• Members

Like with most guitar amps you'd prob lose some overtones as well, that's why most acoustic guitar amps have a horn or tweeter or some kind of high frequency speaker.

Probably, but that's one of the more "acoustic" sounding amps I could think of to begin with. I just don't have any clue how loud you could get an acoustic electric with it and keep it clean.

• Members
Why would, or wouldn't, the Vox AC-30 make a good acoustic amp? (I'm wondering whether I can just use my AC-30, or if I'm forced to go into the market to get an 'acoustic' amp.)

No amp voice for electric will have a good tone for acoustic w/o major smoothing out in the EQ. I always just run my acoustics straight to the board. Hard to beat that for tone.

• 13 years later...
  • Members

Ive used an acoustic through my ac30 for years..really good if you also use a little overdrive for slide/roots/ bluesy stuff. I use a coleclark with a bridge built in humbucker so it works for me..'acoustic'amps dont sound as good with drive so it depends on your sound etc...

Also the ac30 is loud..you can set the output so it doesnt break up until its absolutely deafening..my mate uses an ac15 for his acoustic stuff as he likes a little breakup...try one out at a music store and see how you go!

Archived