why does everybody hate matt heafy?

perlinusolsson

• Members

Everyone I know who's seen them live say they were really crap, sloppy playing. Studio magic I guess
:cop:

Bullshit! I saw them open for LoG and they were tight as fuck and the playing (even the solos) were spot on. They put on a great show. Everyone has bad shows now and then.

I like Trivium and could really give a shit less what anybody else thinks. But that's just how I roll.

• Members

i hate him because he's a fucking idiot
:idea:

heafy in Capharnaum > heafy in trivium

somehow it feels most of you are fat hairy dudes who rarely never get to touch any female at all and have a really hard tim accepting that someone who doesnt look like he's been locked in a basement for 20 years is actually a good guitarist.. i mean, rip off??? the Absence call em ripoffs?!?? comeon, heard their first album? heard at the gates??? hahahahaha..

• Members

I have three levels on which I put a band on. I either love them, appreciate them, or hate them.

Trivium definitely do not fit into the love them territory for me. Appreciate? I can sorta see that they are pretty alright musicians, but they seemed to have learned from playing Kill Em All.....and thats it. So really, the only option is hate. I'm not the hugest fan of thrash anyway, so when a band does watered down thrash 20 years after it was already done, I tend to not like them at all.

Plus I guess the hype doesn't help, hearing every 14 year old who has never heard anything more underground than whats in Kerrang magazine go on about Trivium being the greatest band in the world.....

• Members

I beg your pardon? :poke:

aa94zt.jpg

:cop:

so what he is a metallica fanboy? alot of his generation are.. i bet he can outplay the hell out of you.. he is definitely the better guitarist of the 2 in trivium, although the fat one acts like he is just cause he can play the licks from yngwies first album and does so in every solo...

now i understand why everybody hates hcaf.. to me alot of you guys are the true posers and i know that theres alot of people whooting bands like trivium down just because of the fact that som fat bearded internettroll wearing all black playing only jackson says matt heafy sucked hetfields dick..

• Members

Some of you are a damn bunch of whiny bastards, there`s always somebody that has a bad thing to say about a band or guitarist. Fuck man, this place is turning to shit:mad:

But back to Tivium and Matt Heafy, i fuckin` love there new album!!!!! Sure he may sound like Hetfield in his old days, but i think it fits quite perfectly with the music. When the album came out, i told a friend that it was the new Metallica album, that the where finally back on the right track and he was like :eek:, damn this is good dude!!!! After the fourth or fift song i told him it was Trivium and he was like nooooo wayyyy. He was a big fan of Trivium too. Just listen the song "The Crusade", the instrumental one, it`s just pure thrash mayem.

So to the original poster, not everybody hates him:cop:

Chris

• 11 years later...
  • Members
On 2/16/2008 at 3:57 AM, MattACaster said:

He wishes he was Hetfield. He needs to give it up and do his own thing.

And? I bet there are a million other bands influenced by Metallica. And there’s nothing wrong with that. The reason I started playing guitar was because of Metallica, and yeah I wish I could play as good as hetfield, but that isn’t a reason to hate me. Everyone is inspired by someone, and Matt heady is inspired by Metallica, there’s no reason to hate him because he is inspired by someone

Archived