why does everybody hate matt heafy?

perlinusolsson

• Members

I saw him at NAMM this year. He actually didnt strike me as a tool. He looked like a nice guy. He was incredibly nice to his fans as well.

I dont like his music, but he didnt seem like a douche to me. In Fact he seemed pretty cool (as a human being).

Now Seven from Slipknot, I hated on that motherfucker as soon I saw him. :lol:

• Members

because he flip flops on what the fuck he wants to do based on popular opinion

Back before The Crusade came out, he was all about saying that screaming isn't dynamic and that he didn't wanna do it anymore because people were calling them the next Metallica after Ascendancy came out.

Then The Crusade comes out, people go "oh yeah...we already had a Metallica...sorry guys :o" and the metal scene in general shifts back to heavier stuff...so now he's saying there''s going to be screaming on the next album.

Big shocker there :rolleyes:

• Members

Being from Orlando, I've been in multiple bands that played shows with Trivium. We used to make fun of them. They weren't super popular around here and always seemed to play pretty {censored}ty venues, etc.

Also, sad as it is...before they got signed, matt heafy and company were way more metal and quality. Matt used to be the only guitarist and played a whole lot more brutal type {censored}. Then when they got signed he cut his hair short and started playing {censored}ty metallica riffs. Corey had just joined the band shortly before they got signed or shortly thereafter and the dude is kind of a jackass.. Matt's not a bad dude, he's just a lame person and his band is pretty {censored}ty.

• Members

because he flip flops on what the fuck he wants to do based on popular opinion

Back before The Crusade came out, he was all about saying that screaming isn't dynamic and that he didn't wanna do it anymore because people were calling them the next Metallica after Ascendancy came out.

Then The Crusade comes out, people go "oh yeah...we already had a Metallica...sorry guys :o" and the metal scene in general shifts back to heavier stuff...so now he's saying there''s going to be screaming on the next album.

Big shocker there
:rolleyes:

:lol:

Right on cue :poke:

• Members

the crusade is an fake oldschool record with that i agree.. to me it was a mistake to tune the guitars up and skip the screaming as they strayed way to far away from the trivium sound, i really think they "went" for it as far as wanting to be the next metallica with the crusade. i mean, what do you demand? he is very young.. i'm sure they will shape their own style as i think they are good musicians and already phenomenal songwriters.. and that i really like'm, and think the crusade is a good album :)

but i fuckin hate the fat guitarist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Members

95% of the noobs on this board would kill to take his place. Why not, you would tour, make albums, {censored} metal sluts, and probably not work a day job for a long time as long as you managed your money right! Who gives a {censored} if you ripped someone off, as long as someone is willing to pay you then {censored} all the haters. Most of the hate from HCAF is out of pure jealousy.

• Members

95% of the noobs on this board would kill to take his place. Why not, you would tour, make albums, {censored} metal sluts, and probably not work a day job for a long time as long as you managed your money right! Who gives a {censored} if you ripped someone off, as long as someone is willing to pay you then {censored} all the haters. Most of the hate from HCAF is out of pure jealousy.

teh chicks actually dig trivum unlike most of teh stuff ppl listen to here, and 99% of all bands are formed to get chicks.

• Members

He's a 2 bit piece of {censored} loser with no talent. Who the hell is he again?

I can hate people I've never heard of. Thats just the way I roll.

And I don't like to think for myself and often believe everthing I read. I mean if it's on the internet it has to be right...right?

So +1

Archived