Cameron CCV-100 ...canceled my order.

simbasa

• Members
I STRONGLY advise any potential customers to check out the Cameron amp forum before making a decision to place an order for one. That's all I have to say about it here.
:mad:

And please read the threads and posts before you start flaming me and make yourself look like an arse. I feel lucky to have gotten my money- minus paypal fee- back.

You know something is wrong when J.B., one of Camerons biggest supporters is now an ex- supporter.

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=26226

Just be glad you got out early. Your refund was no doubt somebody else's deposit. Meaning if there's a flood of refund requests, somebody's gonna get screwed.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bottom line is, when someone orders an amp, they should be able to provide an accurate estimate of completion. There's no excuse otherwise.

They (I would hope) keep a list of customers in the order that they called for amps.

THey know how long it takes to build their amps. If you're 7th on the list it will take 7X the amount of time it takes to build one amp for it to be completed. Am I looking at this from too naive a viewpoint? Am I missing something?

There will always be glitches. So you can just add a percentage of time to the building process to account for this.

They probably don't want to provide information in this manner because of...yes...greed. Get as many orders as possible. They lie about arrivals just to keep these orders, because they know if they are honest, they stand a chance of someone not wanting to bother to wait too long for an amp.

• Members
I know you are one of the Splawn:cop:. That said I haven't liked any the Splawns I've heard but I would definitely deal with Scott anyday of the week and twice on Sundays. His business practices are among the best:thu:
:cop:

yes..I am shreder...75 of 100...I am of the splawn...lol...resistance is futile =D

not trying to turn this into a scott vs. mark thread..wasn't my intention....meatbeard brought it up, not me! lol

• Members

It is only money, I would wait as long as it took to get mine. I dont go flipping amps every week though so I would not have need for the money I had down.

Mark is cool in my book for my own reasons.

I love how you back this {censored} up, and then post smarmy remarks about not spending money when people say they work hard, but you'll jump on all sorts of bandwagons slagging companies that you don't like..."mark is cool in my book for my own reasons"...Haha. Gold.

• Members

Same sort of talk went down on the Gear Page and Mark came in there and starting chewing asses all beligerent like. Came off like a real asshole and very unprofessional...like an 13 year old troll.

Even if they were shipping, and I do agree they sound great, I still wouldn't buy one. Let the dude learn a lesson about civility...he ain't no Howard Dumble.

• Members
Same sort of talk went down on the Gear Page and Mark came in there and starting chewing asses all beligerent like. Came off like a real asshole and very unprofessional...like an 13 year old troll.

Even if they were shipping, and I do agree they sound great, I still wouldn't buy one. Let the dude learn a lesson about civility...he ain't no Howard Dumble.

Yup, he already lost a dealer because of his internet attacks on people. The internet is a cruel mistress, Mark and Chris. Bull{censored} will only get you so far.:mad:

• Members

link?

• Members

link?

I'm at work and can't dick with it too much right now...but go over to Gear Page and I'm pretty sure he came on with the name "cameron".

If that's not right I'll find it during my lunch break. It got ugly...hopefully the mods didn't remove it.

• Members

I'm at work and can't dick with it too much right now...but go over to Gear Page and I'm pretty sure he came on with the name "cameron".

If that's not right I'll find it during my lunch break. It got ugly...hopefully the mods didn't remove it.

No, I saw that the mods did censor Marks posts right after his rants and I doubt that the thread is still there. If it is, it is heavily modded.

• Members
So you guys see? Cameron a standup guy? Bull{censored}!!!!
:lol::mad:
I'm sorry but anyone who is sticking up for Cameron now is just going to lose all credibility in my book....And alot of other peoples apparently.

Still a few guys with their Camaron kneepads on at Rig Talk.:thu:

• Members
Damn.....read this. Make no mistake....I emailed BOTH guys inquiring about the amp after I heard the vids. No response.

Read this from DD-

Damn,

Can you fell the love in this chat room? All I asked was did anyone else get a CCV-100 yet? I wish all you the best of luck, BTW my cameron CCV-100 is like a box of chocolates! You dont know what it will sound like till you plug it in. A power cord was not shipped with mine, luckily I have other amps with the standard cord! My CCV-100 sounds more like a modded JCM-800 in an XTC chasis.Not really that Plexi amp tone you hear in the NAMM You tube video, different in a modded JCM-800 kinda way. I had a closer look at the tubes and found a mixed set of tubes in the pre-amp? a couple of used ECC83's made in India, an older Mesa 12ax7 and a 12ax7LPS, What is NOS anyway? Is that just a amp tech term for spare old tubes lying around that fit? I didnt even know they made tubes in India, anywho I will get some better tubes next week, maybe that will make it sound better or closer to the Demo amp. When someone else gets an amp please send me an e-mail so we can compare notes and tone.

The amps at NAMM sounded nothing like a Plexi. :lol:

• Members
I agree. I didn't say that. I pasted that paragraph from RT.

I told him his amps sounded like Mesa and he got pissed.

I always said his mods/amp don't sound like any Marshall I'm familiar with.

I know you didnt say it, Im just saying, it cracked me up hearing that. :)

Regardless of the bull{censored}, I know you know what a Plexi sounds like. ;)

• Members
Still a few guys with their Camaron kneepads on at Rig Talk.
:thu:

Meh, they're just showing what {censored}ing tools they really are.:mad:

How anyone can conduct their business like Cameron and then have people sticking up for him... It really boggles my mind.:freak::freak::freak:

• Members
I know you didnt say it, Im just saying, it cracked me up hearing that.
:)

Regardless of the bull{censored}, I know you know what a Plexi sounds like.
;)

Got ya. My Reinhardt Vintage-100 is filling the bill. Guy makes a GREAT amp.

Carol-Ann bought the farm already:thu:

Archived