Cameron CCV-100 ...canceled my order.

simbasa

• Members

As good as they sound, waiting years for a production amp is {censored}ed up no matter how you look at it. Some guys even have to wait years just for a mod job :eek:

If you don't have the time to do something and finish it in a timely manner, then don't do it at all or rather stop taking anymore orders and fulfill the ones that you have taken on first.

What's so difficult to understand ???

I'm with Zao on this one. I was trying hard to gather funds for a CCV but after reading all the comments on the Cameron board, I decided against it. No point adding my comments on the Cameron board about ETA's and timeliness cos' I'll just get flamed by the Cameron fanboys.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The amps are all ready to ship, he's just waiting 357 Customs to deliver his guitar so he can test them before he ships them.

you would NOT want an un-QC'd amp to be sent to you, now would you??

:cop:

LOL. Awesome.

"The checks totally in the mail dude".

edit: I suppose that should be "cheque" not "check".

• Members

As good as they sound, waiting years for a production amp is {censored}ed up no matter how you look at it. Some guys even have to wait years just for a mod job
:eek:

If you don't have the time to do something and finish it in a timely manner, then don't do it at all or rather stop taking anymore orders and fulfill the ones that you have taken on first.

What's so difficult to understand ???

I'm with Zao on this one. I was trying hard to gather funds for a CCV but after reading all the comments on the Cameron board, I decided against it. No point adding my comments on the Cameron board about ETA's and timeliness cos' I'll just get flamed by the Cameron fanboys.

I hope they're not counting on more sales from internet presence, when Mark's partner, Chris, responds with classic posts like this "YOU WILL NOW SEE RESPONSES FROM ME ONLY WHEN I DAMN WELL FEEL LIKE IT"

• Members

I hope they're not counting on more sales from internet presence, when Mark's partner, Chris, responds with classic posts like this "YOU WILL NOW SEE RESPONSES FROM ME ONLY WHEN I DAMN WELL FEEL LIKE IT"

He's too busy being heard in the backround of YouTube vids shouting for Cemetary Gates. Quite the entrepenuar.

• Members

I hate this quote. "only money". All the money I have, I had to work my ass off to get. Every single dollar in my name has my blood, sweat, and hard work behind it.

I hear that,

Just been reading an interesting piece in The Times (uk paper)

we use money for transfer of ownership in society but recently it has become fashionable to devalue it and to not hold it as sacred, and theres where a raft load of problems can start , free money , free life something for nothing.

Basically be carefull you do not devalue yourself and everyone in your economic vacinity by not holding money as sacred.

Interesting, debateable ...but damn me if its not spot on given the subject matter of this thread.

• Members

I'm not going to bother reading the posts here. I am still pissed off about the whole thing. Bottom line is, Mark pmed me saying my amp would be done January 28th- an obvious lie and Chris tried to cover it up and could not even answer my emails about how my amp was doing.And I found out from someone else that he's supposedly just starting work on his May order when I ordered mine in July..... They will get no more of my business.

And for the record , DiezelDale is NOT a satisfied customer. He pmed saying his amp sound snothing like the one in the NAMM video and he's upset with the way he was treated. That's why he was anxious to hear from others who got their amps......but it looks like no one else has gotten theirs since he did in early January.

Like I said over at rig talk....there is not a damn thing anyone can tell me now to make me think MArk Cameron is a standup guy. I think he has some kind of problem, whatever it may be, that affects his work. But to bull{censored} me after I have been waiting patiently since July with no feedback from them..........:mad::mad::mad:

• Members

All I can say is that I am happy that I didn't buy into the hype.

I had a gut feeling the amps shipped out to customers weren't going to sound as good as the NAMM model. :thu:

I'll stick with reputable amp makers who give a {censored} about their customers.

I can't talk from experience, but I don't think I should have to, as this guy is making it pretty clear where he stands in terms of customer service and reliability.

:rolleyes:

11-22-08 :love:

• Members

I gues if I had rich parents that gave me everything and wiped me nose too I'd have that same attitude....
:cop::blah:

Hahahaha. Same. :)

{censored}, my dad is borderline alcoholic and my mom is a methhead, and they are both poor.

:thu:

Oh well, I appreciate every cent I make, and couldn't give two {censored}s if they have money or not, as it doesn't make any difference to me since I enjoy taking care of myself.

:cop::cop::cop:

• Members

Hahahaha. Same.
:)

{censored}, my dad is borderline alcoholic and my mom is a methhead, and they are both poor.

:thu:

Oh well, I appreciate every cent I make, and couldn't give two {censored}s if they have money or not, as it doesn't make any difference to me since I enjoy taking care of myself.

Yer moms hottt...:lol::love::lol::love::)

• Members

well, I'm not going to bad mouth the guy or anything..he seems really cool and all..never met him personally...nor have I played one of his amps..

but it seems to me, he is how he is...a buddy of mine sent him a marshall to be modded two years ago..paid in full..and still has no idea when he'll ever see it again...I would think those would/should have gone out the door first

so, none of this really shocks me....these stories are well documented...so the writing was kinda on the wall...

sucks the worst for the people who stuck up for him all this time about his product and whatnot...

:wave::wave:

• Members

Damn.....read this. Make no mistake....I emailed BOTH guys inquiring about the amp after I heard the vids. No response.

Read this from DD-

Damn,

Can you fell the love in this chat room? All I asked was did anyone else get a CCV-100 yet? I wish all you the best of luck, BTW my cameron CCV-100 is like a box of chocolates! You dont know what it will sound like till you plug it in. A power cord was not shipped with mine, luckily I have other amps with the standard cord! My CCV-100 sounds more like a modded JCM-800 in an XTC chasis.Not really that Plexi amp tone you hear in the NAMM You tube video, different in a modded JCM-800 kinda way. I had a closer look at the tubes and found a mixed set of tubes in the pre-amp? a couple of used ECC83's made in India, an older Mesa 12ax7 and a 12ax7LPS, What is NOS anyway? Is that just a amp tech term for spare old tubes lying around that fit? I didnt even know they made tubes in India, anywho I will get some better tubes next week, maybe that will make it sound better or closer to the Demo amp. When someone else gets an amp please send me an e-mail so we can compare notes and tone.

• Members

well, I'm not going to bad mouth the guy or anything..he seems really cool and all..never met him personally...nor have I played one of his amps..

but it seems to me, he is how he is...a buddy of mine sent him a marshall to be modded two years ago..paid in full..and still has no idea when he'll ever see it again...I would think those would/should have gone out the door first

so, none of this really shocks me....these stories are well documented...so the writing was kinda on the wall...

sucks the worst for the people who stuck up for him all this time about his product and whatnot...

I know you are one of the Splawn:cop:. That said I haven't liked any the Splawns I've heard but I would definitely deal with Scott anyday of the week and twice on Sundays. His business practices are among the best:thu::cop:

• Members

But these Camerons have a 'lifetime' warranty don't they?:confused:

Does that mean by the time you get them you'll be at the end of your life??:confused:

I'd hate to get one...have a problem with it...send it back...then wait another lifetime to get it fixed:freak:

I'm just venting.. I'm sorry, I should'nt be piling on, but this was one amp that really had my interest until all of this crap started:(

• Members

I know you are one of the Splawn:cop:. That said I haven't liked any the Splawns I've heard but I would definitely deal with Scott anyday of the week and twice on Sundays. His business practices are among the best:thu:

true, you may not like the splawn voicing but that guy knows how to run a business...returns emails/phone calls/is always there/...and YOU'LL GET YOUR DAMN AMP:thu:

• Members

But these Camerons have a 'lifetime' warranty don't they?
:confused:

Does that mean by the time you get them you'll be at the end of your life??
:confused:

I'd hate to get one...have a problem with it...send it back...then wait another lifetime to get it fixed:freak:

I'm just venting.. I'm sorry, I should'nt be piling on, but this was one amp that really had my interest until all of this crap started:(

there's a guy on rigtalk that's waited 3 years for his modded amp to be repaired...not modded.......repaired

• Members

All the political BS aside, I'd hesitate to buy an (unplayed by me) amp before its been extensively road tested in live and recording situations before its release. I know Mesa, Wizard and I think Bogner do this. Its all part of R & D. I mean one guy can tweak the amp to his hearts content in his workshop, but will that tone work well live or recorded ?

I know its harder for a one man operation to do this, but I say build a prototype, give it to a buddy to test out in a club or wherever, then tweak it further based on the results. I doubt Cameron and some other 1 man operations do this.

Archived