Cameron CCV-100 ...canceled my order.

simbasa

• Members

ive been reading the cameron forum threads for months and i never commented, he seems cool but i just dont like the way he postpones everything or how long his wait times are. i remember how excited j.b. was about marks amps and now i see he ended up getting a refund instead, i dont like to post in the cameron threads because people get all pissed off if you say anything about cameron amps and the funny part is half of them dont even have intentions on owning one but they wanna kiss ass to the other cameron lovers and want to fit in with the cameron club. i was tempted to own one of these new amps but his previous history in dealing with people and making them wait for years changed my mind, i dont mind spending money but i dont like to wait forever. im sure its gonna get ugly on the cameron forum with unhappy customers and cameron ass kissers.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I must be crazy, but I think you should actually have the amps in steady production before you start taking money for them...

+1 million.

Preorders != Venture Capital. :freak:

I agree I've been *really* impressed with the clips and such too. A big shame they're struggling so hard to get their shit together as a business.

• Members

Is this basically a case of the following;

Cameron make incredible amps, handbuilt by a couple of guys. The problem is their turnaround isn't fast enough, and they can't supply to meet the demand. They get orders from other countries where they're paid more for the amps, and so they ship them out to the other countries first.

This means they neglect their US customers and as more orders come in from other countries the wait time gets longer and longer. This all roots from the company's disorganisation.

The amps need a 50% deposit which is being held by the company, much to the dismay of several customers who have been waiting months with half their money gone?

Is that about right?

• Members

Yeah, sorry about that. Typing at an angle doesn't work for me.

So this fuss...what's happened?

Expensive custom amp maker taking preorders and making people wait 8 and 10 months after they've paid (paid in full I imagine), then just not being truthful when they get questioned about an ETA.

• Members

Is this basically a case of the following;

Cameron make incredible amps, handbuilt by a couple of guys. The problem is their turnaround isn't fast enough, and they can't supply to meet the demand. They get orders from other countries where they're paid more for the amps, and so they ship them out to the other countries first.

This means they neglect their US customers and as more orders come in from other countries the wait time gets longer and longer. This all roots from the company's disorganisation.

The amps need a 50% deposit which is being held by the company, much to the dismay of several customers who have been waiting months with half their money gone?

Is that about right?

As far as I know the neglecting of the US customers in favor of the rest of the world was a different company, not Cameron. But essentially yeah that's about it.

• Members

ive been reading the cameron forum threads for months and i never commented, he seems cool but i just dont like the way he postpones everything or how long his wait times are. i remember how excited j.b. was about marks amps and now i see he ended up getting a refund instead, i dont like to post in the cameron threads because people get all pissed off if you say anything about cameron amps and the funny part is half of them dont even have intentions on owning one but they wanna kiss ass to the other cameron lovers and want to fit in with the cameron club. i was tempted to own one of these new amps but his previous history in dealing with people and making them wait for years changed my mind, i dont mind spending money but i dont like to wait forever. im sure its gonna get ugly on the cameron forum with unhappy customers and cameron ass kissers.

I was considering one of his amps as well, until I've heard heard some people's horror stories (some from people I know and trust). Too bad, because I really dig the CCM-100.:(

• Members

If I recall correctly, similar/worse things happened with MAKO back in the day- people put down a deposit, waited forever... then found out that he was making and shipping amps to japan at a higher price so the ones who put in earlier kept being pushed back over and over...something like that at least. Then the builder didn't handle it very professionally and posted a few posts that chapped some people's asses and there was a huge shit storm over that at the time.

But now it looks like MAKOs are pretty popular and they are one of the HCAF OMG:love:
:blah:
it's teh bruutallz flavor of the month type of thing so in the long run, I doubt it will hurt cameron much.

And you would be recalling incorrectly, but thanks for playing!:thu:

• Members

ha I actually never read them.

I just thinks its the truth.

That dude is dillusional to think that your average joe is going to tolerate waiting forever for his stupid amp. That amp sounds sweet, but it is not going to change the face of rock history. Its all a matter of priorities. If the guys in Maiden wanted a couple camerons, he would have them in their hands in 3 days.

• Members

It's kinda like the dozens of construction workers I know who go on there own to make "all";) that money as a business owner. They later find out that swingin' a hammer doesn't have {censored} to do with running the business. I ain't sayin I am just sayin'

• Members

ha I actually never read them.

I just thinks its the truth.

That dude is dillusional to think that your average joe is going to tolerate waiting forever for his stupid amp. That amp sounds sweet, but it is not going to change the face of rock history. Its all a matter of priorities. If the guys in Maiden wanted a couple camerons, he would have them in their hands in 3 days.

well, I'm not going to bad mouth the guy or anything..he seems really cool and all..never met him personally...nor have I played one of his amps..

but it seems to me, he is how he is...a buddy of mine sent him a marshall to be modded two years ago..paid in full..and still has no idea when he'll ever see it again...I would think those would/should have gone out the door first

so, none of this really shocks me....these stories are well documented...so the writing was kinda on the wall...

sucks the worst for the people who stuck up for him all this time about his product and whatnot...

Archived