Give me a word to use in a song

bhutos

• Members

I'll roll two dice to select a songstyle from the 12 I came up with in the other thread.

1. folk

2. pop

3. rock

4. punk

5. singer songwriter

6. metal

7. hiphop?

8.country

9. blues

10. funk

11. jazz

12. 50's/60's style ballads/Doo Wop/R&B

There might not be enough people to form a club with but i'll do it myself for fun.

• Members

ok.. im using a six sided dice, to get 1-12, if i roll a one i'll roll the other dice and if i get 1-3 i'll keep it as one and 4-6 i'll roll again.

ok 2 4's: 8 so country. gah.. thats what i've been banging on about through the whole other thread as an example (trust me i didn't choose country), so one daggy country style song coming up using the word "balladeer". It may take some time.. my new rig with protools won't arrive for a few weeks, but i can start before that and maybe give an update.

I'm not a country fan at all so it might not be the most "country" song ever, but i'll try to at least tinge it with some twang. Oh and I'm not going to pretend that this is going to be some original new take on country... it will probably be a crappy facsimile, the point is to delve into a different style than you're used to and learn something from it. So here goes.

• Members

Originally posted by bhutos

I'm not a country fan at all so it might not be the most "country" song ever, but i'll try to at least tinge it with some twang. Oh and I'm not going to pretend that this is going to be some original new take on country... it will probably be a crappy facsimile, the point is to delve into a different style than you're used to and learn something from it. So here goes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try it. I'm no big fan of the genre either but from time-to-time I do play some facsimile of it and do, as you state, learn from it.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Whew.. what a busy period.. been working like a nut running my own biz... FINALLY got protools and mbox and got them installed..

I've come up with a vaguely lame but not so bad chorus that isn't mega country so i've got to go over it a bit. I'm giving myself another bit to try and learn protools and lay something down worth posting.. first one was always going to be the slowest with getting a new machine and recording gear and learning them.

um yeah.. just figured i wouldn't totally disappear before posting a song or two.. not that anyone cares lol.

Archived