Missing Friend

jaytee123

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

dudes I have a friend that works under cover and is dealing with alot of the back room politics in mexico with the whole drug cartel/ mexican mafia thing, he told me and all of our friends to NOT go to mexico for ANY reason... there have been 384 murders just since september...

• Members

This story doesn't say anything conclusively though. Apparently they haven't gotten results for the bones yet, so the case is still open.

that was from a while ago, Jaytee stated that it matched up/was confirmed a few weeks ago. That story was posted a few months ago.

So from what is posted, there are a few possibilities:

1) He was killed for the outstanding balance of $140k

2) He was robbed, then killed, by those 4 people who were found dead in his car (as they were into hi-jacking runners and then selling) and were killed in the interception attempt

this seriously sounds like a movie.

• Members
that was from a while ago, Jaytee stated that it matched up/was confirmed a few weeks ago. That story was posted a few months ago.

So from what is posted, there are a few possibilities:

1) He was killed for the outstanding balance of $140k

2) He was robbed, then killed, by those 4 people who were found dead in his car (as they were into hi-jacking runners and then selling) and were killed in the interception attempt

this seriously sounds like a movie.

Kinda like "Alpha Dog" only more bad assed criminals...

• Members

holy wow... sorry to hear man.

so he was a drug runner?

I would think he was selling marijuana on the side to save up for the company he wanted to start up.

He wasnt a close friend to me, but he was to my good friends Dora and Matt. He was the best man at their wedding.

I can honestly say that he did not fit the portrait of the "drug running scumbag". Like I said, he was probably trying to just make money on the side.

Thanks for the condolences from all.

• Members

Knowing the dangers when I first responded to this thread I feared the worst for your friend but didn't mention it. I was truly saddened when learning the outcome. This is a truly tragic ending.

I have a child of my own and my heart goes out to Dan's parents and siblings. I cant even imagine what they are going through and how they will ever learn to cope with their loss. My wife lost her brother not long ago and I know she will never truly recover from it.

Accept my condolences.

Its ironic that just this past Saturday night I was out bar hopping in San Diego and got a wild hair and suggested that we throw caution to the wind and cross the border for some Mexican food and cerveza. My wife shot down that idea.

The following Monday just two days later the local news had a story stating that another 9 decapitated bodies were found in Tijuana over the last weekend. I've since learned that more people have been killed during this Mexican cartel drug war in the last 10 months then we've lost in Iraq and Afghanistan since the start of the war. A portion of these deaths have been innocent American tourist bystanders caught in gunfight crossfire just being in common Mexican tourist areas like Tijuana and Rosirito beach.

Sadly I'm thinking my TJ days are permanently behind me now. Its just not worth it.

If anything can be had from this let it be a sobering lesson to anyone thinking of screwing around across the border. Very bad things potentially await you.

Again, my condolences go out to you.

• Members

I would think he was selling marijuana on the side to save up for the company he wanted to start up.

He wasnt a close friend to me, but he was to my good friends Dora and Matt. He was the best man at their wedding.

I can honestly say that he did not fit the portrait of the "drug running scumbag". Like I said, he was probably trying to just make money on the side.

No problem man sorry for your loss...good people get caught up in bad juju all the time.

• Moderators
So...help here and just start at the beginning? Aside from giving the OP some ill-timed ribbing on his English and typing (never said I was a Master), I don't see anything wrong with my comments.

Ever investigate how Mexico treats it's foreigners? How it operates *IT'S* southern border?

It has zero to do with my politics, and everything to do with facts.

Please do everything in your power to NOT turn a thread about a missing friend into a political {censored} fest. IE If you cannot NOT argue about it here instead of the Poli forum, then just don't post in the thread. Ok? :)

• Members

dudes I have a friend that works under cover and is dealing with alot of the back room politics in mexico with the whole drug cartel/ mexican mafia thing, he told me and all of our friends to NOT go to mexico for ANY reason... there have been 384 murders just since september...

Is that more or less than Detroit?

• Members

I did but it was really a joke. Bad...I know, but {censored} it was months ago.

The person I responded to apparently has more grace and understanding of the language than you guys. He understood that I knew he didn't really speak English, took no offense, explained..and geeze I thought this was long over.

As usual, the relentless H-CAF. Pile on even months later, sheesh.

I've thought I've been pretty decent lately. But you guys go ahead and continue the punishment.

That person was someone whose brother was murdered you scumbag.

• Moderators
sorry, but your friend is gone. and so are his friends in tijuas. let it go.

hechenle compas!

Sonuva.... I HATE when people bump old threads for no friggin' reason. F***!! I HATE THIS CRAP. :mad: Seriously. I'm not even joking.

This being the case, I owe 17 Tubes an apology. This is an old thread and while I detest political threads of any nature, I would not have singled him out if I realized this was an old thread. I got the reports and reacted. I am sorry, 17 Tubes.

• Members

Trying to make money on the side? The article said he was buying 4 tons of marijuana a year. TONS. As in 8000 pounds. By my calculations, that would be around 7 million dollars worth when priced wholesale. Over 15 million street value. That, my friend, is not "selling pot on the side".

• Members

Trying to make money on the side? The article said he was buying 4 tons of marijuana a year. TONS. As in 8000 pounds. By my calculations, that would be around 7 million dollars worth when priced wholesale. Over 15 million street value. That, my friend, is not "selling pot on the side".

Yeah, my thoughts exactly...

• Members

That's the type of stuff I need to be selling. :idea::facepalm:

Archived