OT: Anyone else hate movies with sexual abuse or rape scenes?

marshallnoise

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No sir, you arent going to think the molten lava in the depths of HELL is entertaining and diverse.
:mad:

molten lava

:confused:

depth of hell:confused::confused:

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHA....

..HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA...

hA.

S....T....F....HAHA....U :cop::cop:

OMG. That was so funny.

so fuckin funny mang:thu:

• Members

I guess I am a tool then.

As the movie was going, I did not feel like the rape portion was necessary at all. It was enough that someone got the {censored} kicked out of them and a woman beat up, but then they had to top it off with her getting raped, no imagination to it, it was explicit. It was just not something I wanted to see or appreciate in movies.

Hell, I hated Seven because of that kind of stuff. I totally believe that over time, this stuff desensitizes you and all of a sudden it's no big deal. But what do I know?

Its not like this movie was a true story, its entertainment. Had I known, I would have never put it in the first place. I just don't view that stuff as entertainment. I don't like torture scenes, gratuitous violence, or cursing for no real reason. It gets absurd and really detracts from the story line.

• Members

As the movie was going, I did not feel like the rape portion was necessary at all. It was enough that someone got the shit kicked out of them and a woman beat up, but then they had to top it off with her getting raped, no imagination to it, it was explicit. It was just not something I wanted to see or appreciate in movies.

Hell, I hated Seven because of that kind of stuff. I totally believe that over time, this stuff desensitizes you and all of a sudden it's no big deal. But what do I know?

Its not like this movie was a true story, its entertainment. Had I known, I would have never put it in the first place. I just don't view that stuff as entertainment. I don't like torture scenes, gratuitous violence, or cursing for no real reason. It gets absurd and really detracts from the story line.

what about dracula though?

dracula.jpg

• Members

As the movie was going, I did not feel like the rape portion was necessary at all. It was enough that someone got the {censored} kicked out of them and a woman beat up, but then they had to top it off with her getting raped, no imagination to it, it was explicit. It was just not something I wanted to see or appreciate in movies.

IF Simulated, graphic violence in a movie can desensitize someone, they have a tenuous grip on reality. You know it isn't real. It doesn't make real life violence any less shocking.

• Members

:poke:

perhaps the film maker wanted you to feel as violated and traumatized as the girl...

just a thought....

• Members

The movie was Derailed, right?

Sometimes it doesn't bother me at all, but as horrible as I thought Derailed was, I remember that particular rape scene made me very uncomfortable. It wasn't because it shouldn't have been in the movie, it was just a very unsettling scene. That's the point, I guess, and it was really unsettling.

Too bad the rest of the movie is so mediocre.

• Members

IF Simulated, graphic violence in a movie can desensitize someone, they have a tenuous grip on reality. You know it isn't real. It doesn't make real life violence any less shocking.

Do you not believe that some folks can have a tenuous grip on reality? I certainly do.

All I am saying is that it should stir negative emotions in people. Maybe not to the point that I reacted, but it should upset you. If not...well...

• Members

It's funny that he's bitching about the excessive cursing, raping, violence etc. and I bitch when there isn't enough of that shit (not so much the raping). I hate it when movies are rated PG-13. It makes me think that they took out some of the good shit just because they wanted a "broader" audience. Fuck that, kids still see rated R movies and it's not going to change any time soon. I guess that's why I like the Kevin Smith films. No shame in dick and fart jokes and saying fuck every other word :p

• Members

If you watch that you are raping your own souls.

repent.

each of you send me 2.00 to my paypal and i will pray for you.

its as easy as that my friends.

i can clease your souls.

(money will be for the Lord and non-refundible under any circumstances, credit cards welcome:thu:)

• Members

Do you not believe that some folks can have a tenuous grip on reality? I certainly do.

All I am saying is that it should stir negative emotions in people. Maybe not to the point that I reacted, but it should upset you. If not...well...

When done well, negative emotion is exactly what it stirs up.

• Members

The movie was Derailed, right?

Sometimes it doesn't bother me at all, but as horrible as I thought Derailed was, I remember that particular rape scene made me very uncomfortable. It wasn't because it shouldn't have been in the movie, it was just a very unsettling scene. That's the point, I guess, and it was really unsettling.

Too bad the rest of the movie is so mediocre.

You nailed it! I am glad you felt the same way and I am not alone on that one. I think if the movie was somewhat decent I may have not objected so much but...it was bad.

• Members

How would those filmmakers and actors feel if something like that happend to their brother or sister or something. thats what happens when you dont have the shield of the lord jesus christ protecting you from the grips of satan.

Of course the filmmakers would be absolutely gutted if the same thing happened to a loved one. However, that wouldn't by definition mean that they were wrong to make such a scene, as you seem to suggest. While it seems to me that most scenes like that in movies today are overly sensationalistic and gratuitously violent, it is also entirely possible to make such a scene that is an excellent example of the dramatic arts at its highest level.

Beyond that, you have no right to be judging the religiosity or spiritual worthiness of people you don't know, so keep your preaching to yourself.

• Members

Of course the filmmakers would be absolutely gutted if the same thing happened to a loved one. However, that wouldn't by definition mean that they were wrong to make such a scene, as you seem to suggest. While it seems to me that most scenes like that in movies today are overly sensationalistic and gratuitously violent, it is also entirely possible to make such a scene that is an excellent example of the dramatic arts at its highest level.

Beyond that, you have no right to be judging the religiosity or spiritual worthiness of people you don't know, so keep your preaching to yourself.

lol dude... your sarcasm detector is off.....

• Members

You nailed it! I am glad you felt the same way and I am not alone on that one. I think if the movie was somewhat decent I may have not objected so much but...it was bad.

In all seriousness, I saw the thread title and knew IMMEDIATELY what you saw. I watch a lot of movies, some pretty obscure {censored} too, but that rape scene in particular stuck out to me. Funny thing is I don't remember that well anymore, blocked it out I guess, but I can still remember feeling devastated in my gut.

• Members

If you watch that you are raping your own souls.

repent.

each of you send me 2.00 to my paypal and i will pray for you.

its as easy as that my friends.

i can clease your souls.

(money will be for the Lord and non-refundible under any circumstances, credit cards welcome:thu:)

What is your account!!??:blah:

• Members

No, they should not be aloud to make such filth brother!!

I just want to help you escape the fires of hell.

Repent, i can help you.

Jesus has a place for you in his heart.

• Members

Damn somebody may have been pwnt in the above area of the post..

• Members

Well, Certainly, some people have tenuous grips on reality, of course.

Point being, the gratuitous violence is supposed to entertain through shock, ordisturbance. you play a game with yourself, lie and make-believe it's real.You know all along that it is. It's a movie, nothing more, nothing less. Hell, I've seen real videos of people's heads get cut off. I Puked. this was after I saw all the Saw movies, a couple of Fulci films too. IT doesn't make it any less horrifying when it's real. At least to me.

Ever see Re-animator? a disembodied head performs oral sex on a woman. That's absurd in and of itself, but the imagery as well just makes it overkill. you can't take it seriously. Could you take all the violence and rape out of that movie and make it enjoyable? Most certainly not.

Archived